Eric S'ennui

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I mean evryone knows avatar 2 has better VFX because Cameron spent more than 13 years for this. Experience or not theatres love money and antman will bring in more. You are not going to watch antman expecting it will have better vfx. You are going for the story , the greater narrative and what it will lead to for future. 

At this point, i really couldn't care less about future narratives or what it is leading towards.

All I'm asking from Marvel is a good, entertaining movie which i haven't got since Shang Chi.

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

When watching the 3D trailers Antman sticks out like a sore thumb, in an extremely bad way.

Both Mario & Transformers had good 3D

Why are you acting like this is anything new lol? It has been going for more than 10 years. People don't go to watch MCU movies expecting avatar level visuals. It's for the story narrative, character interaction, crossovers among other things. 

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Why are you acting like this is anything new lol? It has been going for more than 10 years. People don't go to watch MCU movies expecting avatar level visuals. It's for the story narrative, character interaction, crossovers among other things. 

I was legitmately suprised how bad the 3D in Antman looked compared to Transformers and Mario. The difference wasn't slight it was actually huge, was good 3D vs really bad 3D

It's actually quite scummy they'll even release it in 3D if they are not going to put the effort in

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

At this point, i really couldn't care less about future narratives or what it is leading towards.

All I'm asking from Marvel is a good, entertaining movie which i haven't got since Shang Chi.

Hey you are not the first one and you definitely won't be last. It's not about you but what general people expecting going to watch it. And they will even if you don't. 

As for entertaining movies after Shang Chi there was NWH, DS, WF (although what you find entertaining might differ so can't help there)

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I was legitmately suprised how bad the 3D in Antman looked compared to Transformers and Mario. The difference wasn't slight it was actually huge, was good 3D vs really bad 3D

It's actually quite scummy they'll even release it in 3D if they are not going to put the effort in

Movie hasn't released yet lol 😂. Even if it does release 3D might be bad but it's not like you have to watch it in 3D. I mean avatar is an exception not a general thumb rule that you should watch movies in 3D. 

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

Movie hasn't released yet lol 😂. Even if it does release 3D might be bad but it's not like you have to watch it in 3D. I mean avatar is an exception not a general thumb rule that you should watch movies in 3D. 

No you're missing my point. It was the fact the MARIO & Transformers both had good 3D, and that antman didn't.

I was surpised how clean their 3D was, it's obvious they put more time into it. I respect them for that. It's movies like antman which tarnished 3D's reputation. Obviously yeah the film isn't out yet, it's possible it was just an unlucky choice of scenes for the trailer or something

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

No you're missing my point. It was the fact the MARIO & Transformers both had good 3D, and that antman didn't.

I was surpised how clean their 3D was, it's obvious they put more time into it. I respect them for that. It's movies like antman which tarnished 3D's reputation. Obviously yeah the film isn't out yet, it's possible it was just an unlucky choice of scenes for the trailer or something

It's all kind of moot, 3D screenings for those in blighty will pretty much be restricted to 4DX only when they release. 

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

IMAX & Disney don't want to lose money

Yep avatar 2 is definitely their priority. Lol who the Faulkner is Antman. Keep way of the Water playing baby! Yes!!

Wow at reports of 22-27 m Tuesday. What the freak. Lol

Tgm do you feel nervous.

We are coming for your domestic crown.

Highway to Danger Zone Baby!

HOO RAH!

Your in Jake Sullys World Now!

Let's go Pandorians!!( I hope it's 20 something mil for Tuesday  But hey if it's 17-18 ..We are still in charge!

Bow And Arrow Fight GIF by Avatar

4 minutes ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

yeah but now we might get a bunch of Ocean movies.

Finally, Ocean’s 14 :ohmygod:

No, but seriously

Spoiler

Avatar was just following the trend set by Aquaman and Black Panther ;) 

Edited by Korra Legion
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Yep avatar 2 is definitely their priority. Lol who the Faulkner is Antman. Keep way of the Water playing baby! Yes!!

Wow at reports of 22-27 m Tuesday. What the freak. Lol

Tgm do you feel nervous.

We are coming for your domestic crown.

Highway to Danger Zone Baby!

HOO RAH!

Your in Jake Sullys World Now!

Let's go Pandorians!!( I hope it's 20 something mil for Tuesday  But hey if it's 17-18 ..We are still in charge!

Bow And Arrow Fight GIF by Avatar

There is no reports of 22-27 million Tuesday, it's people joking around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

I am thankful, I don't have to sit through another 3D movie then. I hope no other Marvel movie is made in 3D. 3D movies are always blurry images for me. Even Avatar 2 was blurry at times and People who can't see as I see - it's hard to explain 'em lol. 

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I am thankful, I don't have to sit through another 3D movie then. I hope no other Marvel movie is made in 3D. 3D movies are always blurry images for me. Even Avatar 2 was blurry at times and People who can't see as I see - it's hard to explain 'em lol. 

ah are you one of the unfornately ones who it doesn't work for?

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

ah are you one of the unfornately ones who it doesn't work for?

Yeah but remains alright in most scenes but some scenes become blurry, like I am seeing 3-5 images overlapping and distorting...like people having aura of their own copies. lol very tough to explain.  

5 hours ago, Cap said:

By the way, watching the Star Wars and Avatar fans go back and forth, knowing the MCU is finally not centerstage in an argument:

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

stephen colbert wow GIF

Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson

@Porthos

well. It was good when it lasted 

• Haha 1