Eric S'ennui

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

13 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Okay if I needed any confirmation that this blizzard that some will be facing in the US isn’t the usual kind, Brazil’s local news channel is reporting on that. We simply don’t get weather updates about the US like this. For those living in regions that the storm / blizzard will happen, please be safe.

We get blizzards and snowstorms in the US every year but most years they're relatively localized up north. This one however will cover essentially the entire country so you have a lot of regions that aren't used to dealing with this kind of weather having to deal with it now. I don't expect the northeast or upper midwest will change their habits much if any, but the south definitely will. How much does that contribute to the box office? That's the million dollar question. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XXR Also in Boots said:

We get blizzards and snowstorms in he US every year but most years they're relatively localized up north. This one however will cover essentially the entire country so you have a lot of regions that aren't used to dealing with this kind of weather having to deal with it now. I don't expect the northeast or upper midwest will change their habits much if any, but the south definitely will. How much does that contribute to the box office? That's the million dollar question. 

What the Brazil’s news correspondent in NY said:

Yes it will cover several states that don’t usually face blizzards. What she added though is that even places that are used to snowstorms and cold might feel this one harder than usual. It seems like some serious annoyance at very least, several flights cancelled already, Wyoming got 17 degrees under 0 in less than 30 minutes. Wild stuff.

10 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

What the Brazil’s news correspondent in NY said:

Yes it will cover several states that don’t usually face blizzards. What she added though is that even places that are used to snowstorms and cold might feel this one harder than usual. It seems like some serious annoyance at very least, several flights cancelled already, Wyoming got 17 degrees under 0 in less than 30 minutes. Wild stuff.

The US is so big that entire chunks of the country have their own climates and are built around that. 

When the 'heat dome' hit the Pacific Northwest last year(or was it two years ago?) that was when I learned like nobody had air conditioning because the summers there are like mid-80's or something and that's all.  So getting hit with 115 degree temps was insanity. 

It never freezes in Texas so like 200 people died a couple years ago when the entire state froze and millions of people had no power for days (some for weeks) because we don't winterize our power plants.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

The US is so big that entire chunks of the country have their own climates and are built around that.

To call a point to this, over here on the Left Coast, it's gonna be partly cloudy and in the mid 50s in Sacto straight through Xmas.

(it's starting next week when we are projected to get a week of rain [though, as always, forecasts that far out can be and are squirrelly])

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Reddroast said:

@Cap post all the shirtless Chris Evans GIFS you have

What’s up, I’m watching Eyes Wide Shut

13 minutes ago, MrPink said:

@4815162342 the people want you

You’re darn right we do. (At least in D&D)

Also. My weather update for Maine is hysterical. 

It’s gonna be 50 degrees and rain on Friday — to the point we have flood warnings — and then it’s gonna freeze.  Merry Christmas, y’all. No one in this state is living their house for daaaaays. 

• Thanks 1