Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

55 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

So what is everyones Number 1 most anticipated movie of next year? Mine is actually not 65, but Indy 5 since i have the feeling (and pure hope) that it will be a banger.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3

2. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

3. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

4. Marvels

5. Barbie

• Like 1

Finally watched it.

It is doing more than it should be doing.

The visuals and CGI is 10/10. The emotions is a 8/10. Rest  is 0/10. 

Wife did not like the movie at all. She found it boring and incomplete. She says the visuals are not enough to spend so much to watch the movie.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

1. The Marvels

2. Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania

3. MI 7

4. GOTG3

5. Fast X

Honourable mention- Aquaman 2, John Wick 4 & Dune 2

Oh I thought Dune was 2024. Oh and yep how I forgot John Wick.

Not so sure on Aquaman.  If they are wanting to make dude Lobo and reboot everything. Man not so sure they have confidence in the sequel. I need to see a trailer

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

So what is everyones Number 1 most anticipated movie of next year? Mine is actually not 65, but Indy 5 since i have the feeling (and pure hope) that it will be a banger.

Wonka and Dune 2. And if the Bob Dylan/Safdie-Chalamet project come out this year, then them too. Oh, and speaking of, happy birthday to my babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

P L A N E

32M Monday would be nice.

Let's guess

24M Tuesday

21M Wednesday

20M Thursday

23.5M Friday

16M Saturday

22.5M Sunday

19M Monday

That would be 146M for the rest of Holidays. Around 430M. From there, it wouldnt surprise me to see Avatar 2 grossing another 170M

Maybe I am a bit optimistic with these numbers?

12 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Avatar is 3rd in admits in Japan with barely over half the admits of the films in top 2 (both of which released PRIOR to A2) - so sheldon saying A2 is "putting butts in the seats despite the earthquakes" in Japan is just immensely funny

I just know fans have braved those events before. Nothing new. So was it for die hard fans in the North in 2009 and this year. 😉. Nothing new 

MI7 (if I can talk my spouse into it - he hates action movies), Shazam 2, Kraven the Hunter, Spiderverse 2, Mario, and then a high interest in Dungeons and Dragons (if it's good)...

Those 4-6 will likely all get my theater money...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Avatar is 3rd in admits in Japan with barely over half the admits of the films in top 2 (both of which released PRIOR to A2) - so sheldon saying A2 is "putting butts in the seats despite the earthquakes" in Japan is just immensely funny

Hey I'm going by reports  I have no idea how they feel to the countries that they hit. Fact is both A1- A2 got diehard fans  excited to come even if they felt tiny tremors or blizzards etc . I was watching family and friends going into a storm to go to an imax showing in 2009 . And it is funny, but rem your ways are not a serious Avatar fans way. They are dedicated. And that's what im betting on for 2.2-2.4b smackeroos. 

48 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

You don't monitor weather do you zee.

Seems there was 3.5 India

.  That's from a tracker site not wom. Folks need to check  before rude replies eh brother stewart.

https://www.allquakes.com/earthquakes/india/archive/2022-dec-25.html

Are you kidding me? Bunch of undetectable (to humans) earthquakes, which happens all the time, and the two largest of them were in Pakistan and Afghanistan. That is your source for earthquake in India? What is even the point of bringing it up.

34 minutes ago, DC Rich said:

India has had 2253 earthquakes above 1.0 in the last year.  The USA has had over 60,000.  They are more common than people realize.  Most do not do any damage and are barely felt.   So, it doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary for the region. 

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/earthquakes/india.html

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/earthquakes/usa.html

What is the relevance of this? Yes I am aware that small, largely undetectable seismic events happen all the time all over the globe but thats not the point is it? The above user was talking about some newsworthy earthquake in India and I pointed out to him that is not true, given you know, that I am in India.