charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

5 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Titanic was over 3 hours long and it's certainly one of the most rewatched movie in a theater. Same as the first Avatar with little less than 3 hours. Length is only one of many factors that would influence on the decision to rewatch a movie.

Your assertion that Avatar 2 would be less rewatchable than NWH or TGM is based on nothing but air

Or you could say it’s based on getting worse reception on metrics which reliably correlate to legs (cinemascore, verified, etc)?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

How CinemaScore grades measured on the first day in theaters have anything to do with rewatchability? 

They have to do with (OD audience perceived) quality which has to do with rewatchability. They correlate with legs (imperfectly, and best interpreted with caution) which is just about the best directly BO derived measure of rewatching. But more specifically they are calculated from this form 

F8-CD5909-175-E-4729-9-F8-D-48-A24-A509504

which directly includes intent to rewatch 

Edited by Legion in Boots
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Could make an argument that Jake Sully is one of, if not, the blandest lead character in any blockbuster I've ever seen. Hopefully Cameron eventually brooms him in the one of the upcoming Avatar sequels.

I disagree, he's was pretty good in A2, I've seen worse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Legion in Boots said:

They have to do with (OD audience perceived) quality which has to do with rewatchability, but more specifically they are calculated from this form 

F8-CD5909-175-E-4729-9-F8-D-48-A24-A509504

which directly includes intent to rewatch 

I remember, but i think it's a too small sample tbh. And i feel CS has being inflated recently depending on the movie, we have a few recent A+ titles that didn't get good legs.

Even NWH have significantly worse legs than SW7 which gets an A CinemaScore and they opened the same. 

It's obviously a reliable data, way more than anything online, but i think for this discussions it would be more reliable if they track the movies for some weeks instead of just the OD.

For example, people who watched NWH on OD is way more inclined to say they intent to rewatch than someone watching it on 2nd weekend, because NWH have a gigantic fanbase that will be there on OD. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

Since we need some pages… 

Who is ACTUALLY the best father of all time (in movies (or tv (or both)))

Guido - Life is Beautiful

Mufasa - Lion King

Giuseppe - In the Name of the Father

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

Since we need some pages… 

Who is ACTUALLY the best father of all time (in movies (or tv (or both)))

I'll have to think about the final answer, but recently, the father-son dynamic in Guillermo Del Toro's Pinocchio touched me very deeply this holiday. Was kind of a puddle of tears by the end, I can't lie.

Arnie in T2 is exceptional. One of the first that springs to mind. Mufasa in The Lion King? Pa Kent in Superman '78?