charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

2 minutes ago, cory said:

Taking the highest and lowest daily DOM changes out of the equation, Way of Water is remarkably stable so far even compared to the original Avatar. 

ehw5nJ9.png

There are a lot of people who want to see this movie but unlike NWH and such there is not a 'rush to see it'

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

There are a lot of people who want to see this movie but unlike NWH and such there is not a 'rush to see it'

Yep, exactly what I’ve said all along. This movie has almost no rush factor, yet also is a movie everyone knows needs to be seen in a theater. So that’s a pretty nifty combo not many blockbusters are afforded. 

2 hours ago, Reddroast said:

Hopefully this stops people from making insane predictions ( looking  at you @IronJimbo ) for the 3rd film. Had the franchise not disappeared from the public for a decade and treated on the same level as star wars 3-3.5 billion would have been certain.

no

pretty clear that exchange rates are pretty trash these days, that could easily change by 2024, china could be losing like 500 million from covid, plus there still maybe 10% or so of the audience that hasnt returned yet because of covid, maybe the weak economy is hurting it more than we thought and russia

its of course too early too say anything, but if this ends with more than 2.2 billion and 3 is much more critically acclaimed and looking to release in a better environment, I see no reason for ironjimbo to change his predicting methods too much (as long as its not 4 billion talk)

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Pelé, the biggest football player of all time, has passed away.

REST IN POWER, KING.World Cup Win GIF by FIFA

not a bigger legend than Erwin Helmchen, sorry

but still rip

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 3

Starting to get excited to see just what it can do in January bc this is truly an absolute wasteland of a January for even the slightest possibility of a new release getting any box office traction. If the hold this weekend is great, then feeling like a January run not all that dissimilar to what A1s insane Jan holds were might not be that unlikely. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

not a bigger legend than Erwin Helmchen, sorry

but still rip

I don’t even know who the fuck this is and honestly I don’t care.

Respect the King. Everyone knows he is the king of football, this was never up to debate.

8 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don’t even know who the fuck this is and honestly I don’t care.

Respect the King. Everyone knows he is the king of football, this was never up to debate.

less goals that romario lmao

ok ill cease my memeing by concluding Pele is almost certainly top 3

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

12 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Yeah idk what Disney can do to fix things for A3 in Japan. 

Add 15 minute concert scene with bunch of Na'vi singer singing multiple pop songs. Boom! $150m guaranteed!  I would say even South Korean would go crazier than already big gross now. 

• Haha 1

I wonder if the headlines coming out that Avatar 2 is a box office hit now is gonna have any (even if its minor) positive effect on the box office. I can see people who were on the fence deciding to check it out now they know it’s doing well. On every article I see about it on Facebook for example has tonnes of people commenting under it how much they loved it. 

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

less goals that romario lmao

ok ill cease my memeing by concluding that Pele is in the top 3 of all time and above Pessi

Really good time to troll. Pele is an icon for his country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

no

pretty clear that exchange rates are pretty trash these days, that could easily change by 2024, china could be losing like 500 million from covid, plus there still maybe 10% or so of the audience that hasnt returned yet because of covid, maybe the weak economy is hurting it more than we thought and russia

its of course too early

but if this ends with more than 2.2 billion and 3 is much more critically acclaimed and looking to release in a better environment, I see no reason for ironjimbo to change his predicting methods too much (as long as its not 4 billion talk)

I guarantee he will do 4 billion. 

4 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Really good time to troll. Pele is an icon for his country. 

Not my country. Not just Brazil. The world. Fuck the troll.

Every single person that has ever played football knows that Pelé is the literal king of the sport. Messi might have surpassed Maradona, but both of them would  agree that Pelé is the king.

He fucking created football. He turned sport into art. The rest is history.