charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

1 minute ago, Wafflecakes said:

Like.... I LOVED a2, but come on.

The amount of language, violence, nudity, etc.... no person who has any concept of what a family film is thinks A2 fits the bill. Sure, SOME families will go, but I know families that take their 5 year olds to Deadpool so...

I will say, PiB is kinda edgy for an animated family film. But then again, it's Dreamworks so it's expected.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

There is a bit of violence yes, but nothing that most kids can't handle. PiB is a better fit for the younger kids yes, but are we seriously trying to argue that no parents are taking their kids to see Avatar? There is definitely some overlap

The movie is literally about family. Many of the parts are played by young kids. Of course it's aimed at families... let's be serious

I'm not saying that no one's taking kids to Avatar, they definitely are, but it's not the target audience and it's not direct competition for Puss in Boots.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

That's like a bigger % drop than Tuesday to Wednesday. Why would it drop that hard from Wednesday to Thursday? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What am I missing?

Gotta be at least 18

He's just giving the data as is, we don't know why. Presales for today were surprisingly low and early pace was quite poor as well. It has recovered a bit but not enough yet to go much higher. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Eric in Boots said:

It's got a Disney World ride and the last movie had two Kids Choice Awards. It's a family/kids movie dawg.

This is a really silly way to define something as a family or kids movie in my opinion but you do you. I just don't think this and Puss in Boots are duking it out for the family and kids audience.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Eric in Boots said:

It's got a Disney World ride and the last movie had two Kids Choice Awards. It's a family/kids movie dawg.

I mean aero smith has a ride at WDW but their lyrics are definitely not for kids. The film itself wasn't even nominated for film the year. ( I looked it up. ZS did get a nomination for best actress)

• Like 2

Just now, Reddroast said:

I mean aero smith has a ride at WDW but their lyrics are definitely not for kids. The film itself wasn't even nominated for film the year. ( I looked it up. ZS did get a nomination for best actress)

Deadpool showed up in Disney Channel cartoons as a guest star, I don't think anyone'd argue Deadpool was intended for kids lmfao.

Just letting y'all know I think pretty much all the PG-13 blockbusters, especially ones with sci-fi and fantasy elements, that come out are kids movies in some ways because they all have and aim for a kid audience in some way. I know that's not how everybody rolls, but that is how I do it.

• Like 2