XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I kind of hope A2 doesn’t go any higher than 2.4b WW max for the sheer sake of the fact that if it did it would mean it prob would have nabbed the new all time record with a healthy China and Japan not tanking, and that would suck if that’s all that caused it to miss. 

China is for some reason,but japan....?

no one knows why japan failed,this is kind of... mystery I think

China potential will be back when Avatar 3 release ,but japan I can't see any hope

I mean Avatar 2's increase on last Friday is impressive. If you ignore the rest of the market that is! While A2 increased 27% on last Friday, Puss in Boots jumped 70% and Black Panther jumped 85% (even though it lost 1,000 theaters!) Clearly we're still seeing the consequences of last week's storm. $600m is probably locked for Avatar 2, but unless next weekend has a soft drop, I think $700m is still out of the question.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shachi86 said:

I mean Avatar 2's increase on last Friday is impressive. If you ignore the rest of the market that is! While A2 increased 27% on last Friday, Puss in Boots jumped 70% and Black Panther jumped 85% (even though it lost 1,000 theaters!) Clearly we're still seeing the consequences of last week's storm. $600m is probably locked for Avatar 2, but unless next weekend has a soft drop, I think $700m is still out of the question.

Its a lot easier for the likes of Wakanda Forever to jump those kind of percentages when you are talking like 1-2mil. You're not going to see something grossing 20mil jump up 85% to like 37mil from the previous week  lol.

It happens quite often with films that are pulling low numbers though.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, shachi86 said:

Your trolling on AV2 has been pretty piss poor. Not really the time to downplay the legs its having. Yeah some on the other side can take it over the top but your just as bad. 

Its going fantastic. I am still thinking 700 is beyond reach. but its possible now.  650 seems where I land at the moment (up from 600-625 a few days ago)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I kind of hope A2 doesn’t go any higher than 2.4b WW max for the sheer sake of the fact that if it did it would mean it prob would have nabbed the new all time record with a healthy China and Japan not tanking, and that would suck if that’s all that caused it to miss. 

We losing 450-600m from China, and 100m from Japan and 100m from Russia....

We're robbed of the third billie.... ROBBED

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, shachi86 said:

It’s impressive that is gonna pull off a top 5 third weekend of all time.

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

We losing 450-600m from China, and 100m from Japan and 100m from Russia....

We're robbed of the third billie.... ROBBED

you can call china and russia 'losing' ,but japan is not 'losing'

i said before what avatar 2 lost in china and russia will recovered by avatar 3,but japan?

japan's people just don't like avatar anymore

maybe only if Avatar 3 have big wom advantage and nice main theme song we can make it recover

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

@Eric in Boots @WrathOfHan it's the end of the year WOO!

25x:

Avatar: The Way of Water: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 35mm, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Round 2 IMAX, Top Gun: Maverick Dolby, The Bob’s Burgers Movie, Lightyear Dolby, Lightyear Round 2, Thor: Love and Thunder Dolby, Minions: The Rise of Gru, Thor: Love and Thunder Round 2, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Round 2 IMAX, Top Gun: Maverick Round 3 IMAX, Jaws Round 2 IMAX, Newsies, Selena, Avatar Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar Round 3 3D, Black Adam Dolby, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby Atmos Round 0, The Menu, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, The Fabelmans, Lyle Lyle Crocodile, Ticket to Paradise, Violent Night

15x: 

Babylon: Don’t Worry Darling Dolby, Tár, Halloween Ends, Smile, Till, Armageddon Time, The Banshees of Inisherin, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby Atmos Round 0, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby, The Fabelmans, Bones and All, Ticket to Paradise, Violent Night, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby 3D

14x:

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby Atmos Round 0, The Menu, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery Round 2, Strange World, Bones and All, Violent Night, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby 3D, The Inspection, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D

11x:

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves: Top Gun: Maverick Round 3 IMAX, Orphan: First Kill, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 3 Dolby, Confess, Fletch, Avatar Round 2 Dolby, Avatar Round 3 3D, Black Adam Dolby, Smile, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby Atmos Round 0, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby, Strange World

10x:

Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance with Somebody: The Woman King Dolby, Selena, The Invitation, Tár, Black Adam Dolby, Halloween Ends, 8 Mile, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby Atmos Round 0, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby, Bones and All

9x:

Oppenheimer: Nope Dolby, The Black Phone, Nope Round 2 IMAX, Bullet Train Dolby, Jaws Round 2 IMAX, Avatar Round 4 IMAX 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby 3D, The Pale Blue Eye, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D

6x:

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish: The Bad Guys, Lightyear Round 2, Minions: The Rise of Gru, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Round 2 IMAX, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 3, Strange World

The Super Mario Bros. Movie: Black Adam Dolby, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby Atmos Round 0, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby, Strange World, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby 3D

Knock at the Cabin: Don’t Worry Darling Dolby, Halloween Kills, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, The Fabelmans, Ticket to Paradise, The Fabelmans Round 2

Creed III: Black Adam Dolby, Till, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery Round 2, Bones and All, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D

Shazam! Fury of the Gods: DC League of Super-Pets, Don’t Worry Darling Dolby, Black Adam Dolby, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D

The Little Mermaid: Avatar Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar Round 3 3D, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby, Strange World, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D

5x:

M3GAN: Halloween Ends, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery Round 2, Bones and All, Ticket to Paradise

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: Sing 2 Dolby, Belle Round 2, Morbius Dolby, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Dolby, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D

Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One: Top Gun: Maverick Dolby, Jurassic World Dominion IMAX, Top Gun: Maverick Round 2, Elvis Dolby, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D

4x:

Empire of Light: See How They Run, The Banshees of Inisherin, The Menu, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery Round 2

Women Talking: Till, White Noise 35mm, Bones and All, Eyes Wide Shut 35mm

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D

Broker: Triangle of Sadness, The Inspection, The Pale Blue Eye, The Apartment 35mm

3x:

House Party: Black Adam Dolby, Halloween Ends, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby Atmos Round 0
Plane: Black Adam Dolby, The Banshees of Inisherin, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
A Man Called Otto: The Banshees of Inisherin, The Fabelmans, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery Round 2
Elemental: The Fabelmans, Strange World, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby 3D

2x:

The Comeback Trail: Tenet Round 3 IMAX, Honest Thief Dolby
The Marvels: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Fantastic Four: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Adhira: RRR, RRR Round 2
80 for Brady: Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery Round 2
The Jesus Revolution: The Fabelmans, Ticket to Paradise
Infinity Pool: Bones and All, Violent Night
Chevalier: The Menu, The Inspection
The Whale: The Fabelmans, The Inspection
65: Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby 3D
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts: Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby 3D
John Wick: Chapter 4: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby Atmos Round 0, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D

1x:

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Lightyear Dolby
MaXXXine: Pearl
Inside: Armageddon Time
Roald Dahl’s Matilda: The Musical: Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
The Eternal Daughter: EO
Tantura: EO
Mafia Mamma: Violent Night
Missing: Violent Night
Champions: Violent Night
Cocaine Bear: Violent Night
Barbie: Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby 3D
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny: Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby 3D
Emily: The Inspection
The Son: The Inspection
Close: The Inspection
Skinamarink: The Pale Blue Eye
Alcarras: All the Beauty and the Bloodshed
No Bears: All the Beauty and the Bloodshed

And if you're curious, the trailers I got double digits of this year were:

26 - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

25 - Avatar: The Way of Water

16 - Morbius / Lightyear 

15 - Death on the Nile / Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness / Top Gun: Maverick / The Menu / Babylon

13 - Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore / Smile / Black Adam

12 - The Batman

11 - Downton Abbey: A New Era / Thor: Love and Thunder / Nope

10 - Minions: The Rise of Gru / Strange World / Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Edited by Blankments

55 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Alright Puss in Bootsians. The goal for today's gross is above $4.85M+

Please can everyone stop using the p**s word? It is disgusting and vulgar. Its extremely dehumanising for women. Don't care if the misogynistic producers named the movie that - get with the 21st century.

• Haha 5
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, XXR M37's Club Is Dead said:

A2 at full power probably does another $350-450M in China and $55-65M in Russia/CIS. Japan is fully utilized, they've just moved on from the franchise. Nothing lost there that could otherwise be gained. 

Full power A2 makes how much in China? 600-650m. Sounds like another LOWBALL

50 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

If Shrek 5 turns out as good as Puss in Boots 2 it can make $800M+. 

I think Shrek 5's floor (like worst case scenario quality) is 140M and 390M WW
Lets say its just fine (65% RT, 55 Meta) I think it will do Minions 2 numbers, 370M dom and 900WW
If it gets Puss 2 or better reviews? 500M dom and 1.3bn WW