XXRDJisDoctorDoom

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The biggest enemy of TFA's DOM record - like with all previous record-holders - isnt a certain movie coming up, its inflation.

Definitely plays a big part in it. TFA had about 92M admissions domestically. Now it would only take about 73-74M to surpass it. NWH managed right at 70M. TFA will be surpassed but the film that does it will probably be in the 63-68M admits range (For reference, Jurassic World did about 66M). 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I got told it was time for me to face reality and give up on it, just accept that it's going to scrape past 600m and be thankful for that.

No Way Home is the target

First we'll take Titanic, then the wingman and then we'll go for the hat trick and see if we can't make Jake and the sully family make a spider dance and get out the way!!

Spider-Man Dance GIF

• Haha 1

I personaly dont think SW is finished, or that the Disney trilogy has dont too mucch damage.

If SW could survive the prequels then they will survive this.

It may take time of course but if Disney greenlit Episodes 10, 11, and 12 like 10 years from now, i'd expect them to be HUGE.

• Like 2

By the end of its run there will probably just as many 35+ year old moms and dads that saw , liked and talked about Avatar 2 in the US and suggesting others to go and watch it etc than there are people who have seen online memes about any recent movie or have watched a youtube video essay about any film that came out this year . Same with TGM. So im pretty sure A2 is just as culturaly relevant and talked about as any movie in the last couple of years. You just have to be carefull not to have a twisted perspective of what the general population is and what they think and care about

Just now, stuart360 said:

I personaly dont think SW is finished, or that the Disney trilogy has dont too mucch damage.

It may take time of course but if Disney greenlit Episodes 10, 11, and 12 like 10 years from now, i'd expect them to be HUGE.

Hence why I said "anytime soon". But also as long as they keep pumping out so much content for D+ (which has been pretty hit or miss from what I heard), you're not really building nostalgia from the franchise, so it remains to be seen if they can even build up that level of anticipation at all.

7 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Definitely plays a big part in it. TFA had about 92M admissions domestically. Now it would only take about 73-74M to surpass it. NWH managed right at 70M. TFA will be surpassed but the film that does it will probably be in the 63-68M admits range (For reference, Jurassic World did about 66M). 

It might only take 50-55M admits by the time it happens …

Regarding Avengers vs Avatar sequels going forward, Avatar has a huge advantage with China.

That's an extra 300-600m per movie.

But I think the biggest franchises globally currently are...

1) Avatar 

2) Avengers

3) Spider-man

4) Star Wars/Jurassic World

Edited by grey ghost

Avengers Kand Dynasty and/or Secret Wars could be a cameo and or guest Galore of Massive Proportions that coukd end up giving that WW box office crown to Marvel again, is still early to say but there's good probability that happens. 

12 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Not sure about this comparison, prequels probably did smaller damage (at least third one is pretty well received and there are some countries were prequels were actually as beloved as the original trilogy, believe it or not).

2 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

Avengers Kand Dynasty and/or Secret Wars could be a cameo and or guest Galore of Massive Proportions that coukd end up giving that WW box office crown to Marvel again, is still early to say but there's good probability that happens. 

Secret Wars will have a ton of cameos. I'm guessing it'll essentially have everyone who has ever done a Marvel film in some capacity or the other. Whether that enough to hit $3B remains to be seen and there are a lot of variables (will Marvel be back in China? Will Hollywood be back in Russia?). At the end of the day of course, the main thing is audience WOM. If KD and SW want to be massive, they have to be great like IW and Endgame. 

24 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Secret Wars will have a ton of cameos. I'm guessing it'll essentially have everyone who has ever done a Marvel film in some capacity or the other. Whether that enough to hit $3B remains to be seen and there are a lot of variables (will Marvel be back in China? Will Hollywood be back in Russia?). At the end of the day of course, the main thing is audience WOM. If KD and SW want to be massive, they have to be great like IW and Endgame. 

hope they dont go for the easy cliffhanger secret wars 2015 allows

Episode X still has the best chance to do anything remotely close to TFAs DOM admissions IF they hold off until around the end of this decade and it delivers again for people in the way TFA did.

The Potter Reunion Special will be huge when it finally happens, but HP was never anywhere near that level of admissions, so I can’t imagine it suddenly could be. 

I really can’t see any other possibility for something in that admissions realm anytime this decade besides X, but as others have said, inflation will probably get something over TFA gross. Maybe it is Avatar 3 or 4 at the rate A2 is going. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Episode X still has the best chance to do anything remotely close to TFAs DOM admissions IF they hold off until around the end of this decade and it delivers again for people in the way TFA did.

The Potter Reunion Special will be huge when it finally happens, but HP was never anywhere near that level of admissions, so I can’t imagine it suddenly could be. 

I really can’t see any other possibility for something in that admissions realm anytime this decade besides X, but as others have said, inflation will probably get something over TFA gross. Maybe it is Avatar 3 or 4 at the rate A2 is going. 

are there any big pre-2000's franchises that still havent been rebooted (or gotten sequels)?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

This is not the Avatar meme,is James Cameron meme

You better make make picture like lo’ak kiss with Spider or write some article like Jake sully full in love with Quarith ,that’s their define of culture impact

Ps:or else you can try to make the Youtube video like “Lo’ak cute moment cut’ lol

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

I have a plan,How about Avatar fans just choose two male character and make them become couple and draw some picture about their kissing and hug,then people will admit Avatar have ‘culture impact’

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Their ‘Culture impact has nothing to do with box office,more like do this IP have enough meme on social media or do the character have enough fans,if Avatar fans all make meme picture and spread out on Twitter or just yelling on the Instagram “Wooooooow I love Lo’ak!!he is so adorable!!!!’’Wow I think Jake Sully or villain General must be the couple!!They are so sweeeeeeet!!!!”something,then they’ll say this is culture impact

damn bro horny as hell for some avatar art. i'm pretty sure you can commission some if you want.