Deep Wang

Avatar: The Way of Water Fourth Weekend Stab Fest!! Closes in 4 hours! TICK TOCK!!

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's hold better than A1 did the last 7 days

Because of different calendar setup (and the storm). A1 had about similar first midweekdays than A2 despite a much smaller opening. That tells you how much more inflated those days were.

Hey, don't get me wrong, i'd love for you to be right but you are not making much sense. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Because of different calendar setup (and the storm). A1 had about similar first midweekdays than A2 despite a much smaller opening. That tells you how much more inflated those days were.

Hey, don't get me wrong, i'd love for you to be right but you are not making much sense. :lol:

An important factor in that, though, is that Avatar premiered closer to Christmas, which means that the weekdays in the first week was more inflated. If you look at the dailies in Avatar's first weekdays, almost all movies are up compared to the previous week, not so much the same can be said for The Way of Water. Now, there's no way to really measure how much a difference it made, but it certainly played a big role (which is also why A2s second weekdays were bigger than A1s).

1 minute ago, Dale Cooper said:

An important factor in that, though, is that Avatar premiered closer to Christmas, which means that the weekdays in the first week was more inflated. 

That's what i said ("different calendar setup").

9 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Wow ! I was thinking $30M-$35M but you all expect something around $40M, is there a holiday or something ?

No holiday. A1 dropped 27% in the 4th WE after a 9% drop in the 3rd. A2 went up 6% in the 3rd. Most don't expect an A1 level hold but $30M would require the same kind of drop that Rogue One had in its 4th weekend and that just seems very unlikely given the past week. 

• Like 1

Last weekend almost everyone under-predicted Way of Water - this weekend, it looks to me like many folks will be over-predicting it. Of course, I would love to be wrong. :)

Post-Holidays Weekend Drops

Aquaman: -40.5%

Spider-Man: No Way Home: -41.8%

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: -45%

Star Wars: Episode IV - The Rise of Skywalker -52.3%

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens: -53.1%

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: -54.8%

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: -55.5%

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1