charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

Bit off topic  Avatar will finally be in 3D in a good screen on the theatre that's 3 blocks away from my building (there were already 3D showtimes in said theatre but only on a bad screen), so I'll have my second watch -and first watch in said format- sometime between tomorrow and next Wednesday.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Wait, so why will Friday be muted in Canada compared to other weekdays?

Students are still off this week and go back to school on Monday.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, 3RIC said:

I felt the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 trailer looked good in 3D. Had legit solid depth behind it and looked like it had some nifty shots done in the format IMO

I think it's literally the worst 3D has ever looked ever

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

36 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Wait, so why will Friday be muted in Canada compared to other weekdays?

Friday will not, but the increase from Thursday will be pretty small, and have the effect of reducing (muting) the overall jump for that day 

Say Thursday makes $6M, and it’s a $4.5/$1.5 split. Then even if the US portion doubles, you get 9 + 1.5 = 10.5, which is a muted +75%

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, M37 said:

Friday will not, but the increase from Thursday will be pretty small, and have the effect of reducing (muting) the overall jump for that day 

Say Thursday makes $6M, and it’s a $4.5/$1.5 split. Then even if the US portion doubles, you get 9 + 1.5 = 10.5, which is a muted +75%

Thanks! Is there an upcoming holiday this Friday in Canada that I'm unaware of, or is it just because kids are still off from school this week, and therefore each weekday is more inflated than usual, resulting in a lower Friday jump?

Just now, Dragoncaine said:

Thanks! Is there an upcoming holiday this Friday in Canada that I'm unaware of, or is it just because kids are still off from school this week, and therefore each weekday is more inflated than usual, resulting in a lower Friday jump?

The later - it’s still their holiday period, while many (but not all) US regions have returned to work & school and reduced weekday potential 

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Still $2M above Rogue One. Seems like a very good number to me. 

45% above RO's fourth weekend is $32m which I think would be below most expectations. I think it should trend better than that, though.