CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

A Man Called Otto will probably do decently although it's a tad darker than say Ticket to Paradise so won't be appealing to all older audiences. 

Not sure how it cost $50m though given Tom Hanks is the only name in the cast although the producers have already made a profit as Sony paid $60m for WW rights. 

48 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I mean Camron was making a movie every 2-3 years until he started planning Titanic.

I mean its a bit of irony really as most of us love Titanic but it was that film that really lit his bug for exploring, research, and science. And its the main reason why we have only had AVATAR 1 and 2 since Titanic. I mean he hasnt stopped, he's made multiple docs, produced multiple docs, designed tech, and done multiple explorations.

So yeah Titanic is the main reason why he's stuck on 9 movies (dircted, he's produced and written quite a few more).

Titanic is wonderful. The last hour is the best thing Cameron has ever done. I went back over and over to see it 

and yeah, I was messing around with you guys about no Cameron being in a Spielberg top 10. At least as far as favourites go I would have one or two of JC probably get in there. Definitely not top five though, but I’m as big a Cameron fan as they come.  Nobody has ever been able to quite do what he does in terms of showmanship. Certainly not in the way he does it.  

Robert Zemeckis doesn't get enough respect. Sure, he's an animation-obsessed hack now, but could Spielberg or Cameron give us the glorious Death Becomes Her? The fact that he is the straightest, whitest man who looks like he has a train set in his basement but pulled off such a campy gem. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Robert Zemeckis doesn't get enough respect. Sure, he's an animation-obsessed hack now, but could Spielberg or Cameron give us the glorious Death Becomes Her? The fact that he is the straightest, whitest man who looks like he has a train set in his basement but pulled off such a campy gem. 

Death Becomes Her was a misunderstood movie that’s now a bit of a classic. It’s one of my favourites of his. 

If you haven’t seen them I’d wildly recommend you seek out I Want to Hold Your Hand and Used Cars. The former has so many hallmarks from him and Bob Gale that are sooooo a part of Back to the Future. 

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is also a legitimate masterpiece, along with Back to the Future of course. Contact and Cast Away come close in their own ways. 

Back to the Future Part II - genuine claim as one of the all-time great sequels. 

I really love most of his work, but can never forgive him for Pinocchio. I still can’t believe it was so bad. No redeeming features whatsoever. 

Edited by wildphantom

26 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Back to the Future and Who Framed Roger Rabbit are two of my favorite movies. Forrest Gump and Cast Away are also great. But man that motion capture obsession destroyed his career quality wise 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I have a massive respect for Robert Zemeckis. However his evil twin Roberto Zemeckis who directed recent The Witches and Pinocchio remakes is a terrible director I must say, why can't he be just like his talented brother who gave us Back To The Future?

Edited by Firepower
  • Haha 1