CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

19 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

It will take Knock at the Cabin to dethrone The Way of Water weekend box office at the beginning of February.

so A2's 8th weekend

Just for fun:

Avatar 1 8th weekend: $22,850,881
Last M. Night opening (Old 2021): $16,854,735

I like how every year since 2013, there’s been a big budget or blockbuster film that completely blows the others out of the water that year for me and becomes a favorite, with 2016 and 2019 being the sole exceptions (nothing really wowed me 2016, and in 2019, I think my favorite of the blockbusters was Shazam! but I don’t think it’s an all-timer for me)

2013 - Gravity (I’ve got to revisit Catching Fire but I remember being very fond of it as a teen lol)

2014 - Interstellar

2015 - Fury Road

2017 - Star Wars: The Last Jedi

2018 - Black Panther/Into The Spider-Verse

2021 - The Matrix: Resurrections/West Side Story

2022 - Avatar: The Way of Water/Nope (Turning Red could count but Chapek fucked it’s releasing, The Batman I think could get there with rewatches for me as I think it’s a damn great adaptation and Top Gun: Maverick is still pretty great but I come down on it slightly)

Edited by YM!
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, YM! said:

I like how every year since 2013, there’s been a big budget or blockbuster film that completely blows the others out of the water that year for me and becomes a favorite, with 2016 and 2019 being the sole exceptions (nothing really wowed me 2016, and in 2019, I think my favorite of the blockbusters was Shazam! but I don’t think it’s an all-timer for me)

2013 - Gravity (I’ve got to revisit Catching Fire but I remember being very fond of it as a teen lol)

2014 - Interstellar

2015 - Fury Road

2017 - Star Wars: The Last Jedi

2018 - Black Panther/Into The Spider-Verse

2021 - The Matrix: Resurrections/West Side Story

2022 - Avatar: The Way of Water/Nope (Turning Red could count but Chapek fucked it’s releasing, The Batman I think could get there with rewatches for me as I think it’s a damn great adaptation and Top Gun: Maverick is still pretty great but I come down on it slightly)

Very interesting choices, bravo

• Like 2

After I saw it the first time on December 14 I was absolutely sure, that it will end up in the top 4 WW.  Just looking in the eyes of the audience made that clear. The man did it again.

I posted my opinion here too, so its not 20/20 hindsight.  :D

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Let’s put the target for Monday at $4.5M and see how it goes. The CFP championship game tonight will pull in 25-30M viewers so it will have a small impact on the evening.

So if Monday is effected becaue of the game, could we see something like this for the weekdays -

I get playing it safe but i'm still going to go for 5mil today.

Edited by stuart360

12 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

So if Monday is effected becaue of the game, could we see something like this for the weekdays -

I get playing it safe but i'm still going to go for 5mil today.

Thursday might hold a bit better if people decide to take Friday off to make it a 4-day holiday

Anyone knows how much is the salary for JC in Avatar 2?
I remember for the first he only had a percentage of the profits and he earned 237 M, but i guess now he also assured a chunk of the possible profit in A2.

1 hour ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Let’s put the target for Monday at $4.5M and see how it goes. The CFP championship game tonight will pull in 25-30M viewers so it will have a small impact on the evening.

I feel we also have to factor in the long runtime here along with the game. I'd absolutely consider 3.6M a win here.