keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (1/9-12)

2 minutes ago, DaFlexi said:

You guys need to understand that people still want to see this movie. They just do it on the weekends because it's a 5+hour commitment of a day. If the 3day truly is below 30mil then it'll probably land below 700, but if it's 35mil+ then 700-750mil seems a lot more likely. This weekend is key. I'm personally thinking a 40mil weekend isn't too far out of reach. 

$40m just seems extremely optimistic with this likely thurs-sun IM.

35 minutes ago, DaFlexi said:

You guys need to understand that people still want to see this movie. They just do it on the weekends because it's a 5+hour commitment of a day. If the 3day truly is below 30mil then it'll probably land below 700, but if it's 35mil+ then 700-750mil seems a lot more likely. This weekend is key. I'm personally thinking a 40mil weekend isn't too far out of reach. 

$750m is not happening no matter what, come on now.

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Wow, this is really about to pull a Rogue One in the US. I wonder if Disney and Jim are looking into streamlining the next movie's runtime. Or is it the power of American football? Avatar 2's numbers have been perplexingly mediocre this week, and as a foreigner I'd like to know why.

The movie is really long. So most people will see it on the weekends

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Wow, this is really about to pull a Rogue One in the US. I wonder if Disney and Jim are looking into streamlining the next movie's runtime. Or is it the power of American football? Avatar 2's numbers have been perplexingly mediocre this week, and as a foreigner I'd like to know why.

It has already pulled off a 4X multiplier in America. That's excellent! Still has plenty left in the tank as well. Nothing to feel bad about IMHO. 

• Like 4

No need for meltdowns yet, we have to wait for the Friday increase to see how high (or low) the weekend can go. I just realized that last part rhymes, like poetry, no matter the filmmaking crimes, the prequels came from a genius mind.

• Like 1