kayumanggi

THE MINISTRY OF UNGENTLEMANLY WARFARE | 04.19.2024 | Lionsgate

If this gets good reviews it will be the second April in a row a Guy Ritchie movie came out and got good reviews but still bombs because the studio pretty much dumped it.The Covenent last year got good reviews but MGM/Amazon pretty much just threw it out there. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, emoviefan said:

If this gets good reviews it will be the second April in a row a Guy Ritchie movie came out and got good reviews but still bombs because the studio pretty much dumped it.The Covenent last year got good reviews but MGM/Amazon pretty much just threw it out there. 

The studio is not going a good job of selling it.

On 3/26/2024 at 4:37 PM, dudalb said:

It's coming off to me like a poor man's "Inglorious Bastards".

It was the AMC Screen Unseen movie on Monday and it is pretty much Guy Ritchie's Inglourious Basterds. For $5 it wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but don't expect anything too deep or rigorous about historical accuracy.

Definitely not Ritchie's best but entertaining nevertheless. If you're looking for a movie about super attractive people mowing down Nazis that doesn't really think too deeply you'll love this one. Also some good chemistry among the leads. 

It does want to copy Inglourious Basterds but it's obviously not as good. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

It is sort of weird that Richie keeps being allowed to make fairly big movies. He’s clearly likeable enough on set that big actors keep coming back to work with him. 

I'd have to imagine these do well on VOD/TV reruns.

• Like 1

Gotta admit I didn't expect Henry Golding to become a mainstay in action films after the Crazy Rich Asians/A Simple Favor one-two punch nearly six years ago (his most recent live-action movie before this also being a straight-to-streaming action film). That doomed G.I. Joe movie was a weak career move in retrospect.

Also noticed that this has former CinemaCon Star of Tomorrow recipient Alex Pettyfer picking up his most notable acting credit in over a decade.

• Like 2