Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/10-12 | Weekend Estimates: Scream VI 44.5 (franchise best!), Creed III 27.2, LXV 12.3 #AintManIII 7, Cocaine Bear I 6.2

11 minutes ago, Flopped said:

But they spent a lot on it (when they say 35M, its really means 50M+) and marketed it like it was Top Gun 2. Still a very good result, but good to look at things in perspective. 

if you're interested in perspective maybe don't make up budgets???

• Like 9

Scream VI is 94% on the verified audience score with 500+ ratings.

I don’t usually follow that, but that seems good for a horror film. 

Maybe it’ll get a B+ like the last film. 

Scream 2 B+
Scream 3 B

Scream 4 B-

Scream 5 B+ 

54 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Scream 2 B+
Scream 3 B

Scream 4 B-

Scream 5 B+ 

Could be even an A- tbh, 94% is very strong for horror 

It can be fans spamming it, but that would normally translate to an A-

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Could be even an A- tbh, 94% is very strong for horror 

It can be fans spamming it, but that would normally translate to an A-

If anything i was worried about review bombing because of neve...so I think this score is real. 

Edited by screambaby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Jenna Ortega GIF by SAG Awards

Trying to think of the last time an actor being on a TV show helped boost a movie's box office numbers. There's been instances where it's the other way around (40 Year Old Virgin is a major reason why The Office even got to eight seasons), but I think the last time this happened was probably Inside Amy Schumer for Trainwreck, during that weird time when Hollywood pushed Amy Schumer hardcore for some reason.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, screambaby said:

If anything i was worried about review bombing because of neve...so I think this score is real. 

Review bombing is difficult to do under RT's verified system since it requires you to have purchased a ticket through Fandango before you're able to vote.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Scream 2 B+
Scream 3 B

Scream 4 B-

Scream 5 B+ 

Did the first Scream get a A?

I'm personally kind of stunned at the preview number and the potential opening weekend number for scream part 6. The original four are all but gone with only Cox remaining, and now you have a franchise that is nearing its 30-year Mark in just a few years from now. And yet now it's set to have its highest opening weekend ever? It's incredibly impressive in my opinion.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I'm personally kind of stunned at the preview number and the potential opening weekend number for scream part 6. The original three are all but gone with only Cox remaining, and now you have a franchise that is nearing its 30-year Mark in just a few years from now. And yet now it's set to have its highest opening weekend ever? It's incredibly impressive in my opinion.

Good marketing plus a fanbase that while smaller then halloween is just as rabid (scream 4  being the outlier thanks to the  weinsteins messing it up)

• Like 1