interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Yeah - Shazam 2 is gonna be on my "10 most depressing box office runs" list for 2023.  

what could even beat it?

sure lots of well-received indies and international movies will flop, but that's just what well-received indies and  international movies do

• Like 2

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

what could even beat it?

sure lots of well-received indies and international movies will flop, but that's just what well-received indies and  international movies do

Oh, with the packed summer, there will be a summer movie that goes through the same Shazam issue...

Seeing as how being in the middle torched Shazam, I think Elemental or Flash might be the most depressing for summer, since they are also in the middle of a landslide of possibly good and/or popular films...

Too bad JW3 could land on the lower end of tracking but still a pretty strong debut overall - would not be surprised if sat jumps above expectations given the runtime though, let's see. INT numbers seem great.

And shazam is...I mean...a good candidate for worst run of the year for sure. that is just awful. I can definitely see sub 150M ww and an over 60% decline from the first. Terrible.