interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

2 minutes ago, Alexander said:

1B? I think once this year's finished Zaslav will greenlit F2 with Ezra if F1 makes at least 770-800 (without China). Decent chance no WBD makes 800+ until Joker 2.

I don't feel comfortable guessing on this until I see if Flash is the one breakout of the remaining Snyderverse DCs or not. Blue Beetle and Aquaman I can confidently say are fucked (and I'm waiting for WB to quietly punt Aquaman from the Xmas slot). Flash has a lot of hype but a VERY difficult slot.

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Not to trivialize the situation, but this is horrible. This dude had Hollywood in his hands. He had next. Marvel bet the entire house on him... and now we're going to witness a career downfall in real time

but also it seems like from a lot of the reactions coming out his behaviour was an open secret both off AND on sets. So it's weird, for as good of an actor as he is, that Hollywood bet the house on this guy when the downfall would seem pretty inevitable if he had such a hard time keeping a lid on it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

but also it seems like from a lot of the reactions coming out his behaviour was an open secret both off AND on sets. So it's weird, for as good of an actor as he is, that Hollywood bet the house on this guy when the downfall would seem pretty inevitable if he had such a hard time keeping a lid on it.

It's insane Disney did not vette his guy lol

6 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Not to trivialize the situation, but this is horrible. This dude had Hollywood in his hands. He had next. Marvel bet the entire house on him... and now we're going to witness a career downfall in real time

The cynic in me feels that Hollywood regularly bets on people they know have issues, but, that only a fraction of them get exposed, so, the gamble usually pays off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Hey, if this means we get our God Emperor earlier, then we're all good:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSl_AVQCoxErB6--UC5CY

Don't be surprised if we get an announcement on Comic-Con that the next two Avengers movies are being merged into one, just to move on from Kang as quickly as possible.

I feel like they will rename Kang Dynasty and just name Avengers 5 "The Dynasty" or something like that. Avengers 5 and 6 will be Dr. Doom films. They add a little more projects in between 2024 to 2028 to build up Doom, so Avengers 5 in 2028 and Secret Wars pt 1 and pt2 2029, 2030. That could be a stupid plan, just some food for thought. 

• Like 1

Well, Jeff did it.

When Thanos was properly introduced as the big bad, he earned a resounding win over the Avengers, creating fear in the remaining Avengers and the audience. Conversely, Kang the Conqueror ended this movie in defeat. So what was the rationale behind introducing our new big bad in the exact opposite way?

Well, I think you root for someone who knows defeat. Thanos says that he knows what it’s like to lose, but we never see him lose until the end of Endgame. All he does is toss away the people that he loves and beat Thor’s ass. (Laughs.) But yes, it’s a risk, and we certainly took some heat for it. But I am willing to bet that we are going to root for a guy that we’ve seen stumble and fall, much like Chris Claremont’s Magneto from those X-Men comics. That guy loses a lot, and we see how much pain he’s been through. And so by the time he really unleashes that rage, we’re on his side and we kind of get it. So I think we’re allowed to have a villain that takes a few shots along the way as [Kang the Conqueror or his variants] make their rise.

• Haha 2