Eric S'ennui

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

4 hours ago, Jonwo said:

There's a side of me that thinks a lot of actors will probably end up looking like hypocrites a year from now if they're caught wining and dining with Iger.

I hope we get a bunch of photos with celebrities with these greedy CEOs and executives at premieres/events when the strike ends. The potential for images to match the instantly iconic levels of this is off the charts:

Story Behind Infamous Sophia Loren and Jayne Mansfield Photo | Vanity Fair

And lmao Stephen Amell. It's always the most no1curr or washed up actors desperate for attention (dude played a DC superhero for the better part of a decade and he still isn't even close to a household name) who provide the dumb statements.

Edited by filmlover

Amell has been an asshole since Arrow. He was a nightmare to work with and prima Donna to crew. 

He still can and does make most of his money off Con appearances.  I hope people stop signing up for him now. That is the best way to send the rat a message. 

7 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I remember the fun situation back in 09 when WB moved Half Blood Prince but couldn't get IMAX screens for 2 weeks as Revenge of the Fallen had them locked up (wish I could see how that looked in true 15/70 IMAX) 

I watched both in IMAX, and HBP didn't look that great just a week after I was genuinely wowed by ROTF on a purely visual standpoint.

HBP had a weird 10 minutes in 3D and the screen said "put on your/take off your 3D glasses" 

I'm surprised how quickly this has happened, I was thinking September.

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

The article makes good point, this isn't like Covid where cinemas both had capacity and content issues, it'll likely lead to date shifts in 2024 but surely globally it's not as big an issue since you can rely on local films which are still in production. 

Well, here's the thing.  Just because the AMPTP is meeting to get on the same page with itself doesn't mean that they'll present anything remotely satisfactory to the two unions.

Don't get me wrong, it's a welcome, and necessary given how divided they are*, first step.  And perhaps a sign that the AMPTP collectively is starting to feel the heat.

* the AMPTP being fairly divided is the other reason why I've been fairly pessimistic about all of this for a long time.

But first steps is all this is at the moment.

(presuming this isn't propaganda, naturally)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If the strike really does get resolved before September (I’m not counting on it, but this does seem reassuring), then Sony either jumped the gun when they delayed Kraven as far back as they did, or they’re giving it the Morbius treatment. 

I am getting the feeling Kraven must be pretty awful to be pushed back 10 months and I suspect Sony needed a reason to delay and retool and the strikes were the perfect excuse. 

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised how quickly this has happened, I was thinking September.

The article makes good point, this isn't like Covid where cinemas both had capacity and content issues, it'll likely lead to date shifts in 2024 but surely globally it's not as big an issue since you can rely on local films which are still in production. 

The release date shifts as a result of this strike likely won't be much different from what the '07/'08 WGA strike had across the movie schedule throughout 2008 and 2009. Even just three weeks of shutdown (which we're almost up to now with the SAG strike, WGA has been exactly three months) is enough to cause a major shift in release dates.

Meanwhile, on today's episode of Sure, Jan:

Understandably, there has been a lot of reaction to the comments I made this weekend about our strike. To ensure there is no… | Instagram