Eric the Minion

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

Just now, Porthos said:

TELE'S LAW REMAINS UNDEFEATED!

(unfortunately)

There is a good chance the whole "Best and Final offer" thing might really have just been trade dramatization to get more clicks. 

I also read that in the US "Best and Final offer" is typically used as just a technical term to refer to a deal that includes all the points previously agreed on negotiation. Dunno how true that is.

2 minutes ago, 21C said:

There is a good chance the whole "Best and Final offer" thing might really have just been trade dramatization to get more clicks. 

I also read that in the US "Best and Final offer" is typically used as just a technical term to refer to a deal that includes all the points previously agreed on negotiation. Dunno how true that is.

I mean I will say the phrase would be an outright lie if they really did say it and if they don’t know WGA will accept yet. Obviously it’s not going to be their final anything in that case. 

10 minutes ago, 21C said:

Yep. It's especially common in real estate, in particular.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sundown and the beginning of Yom Kippur in LA is 9:47 eastern and 6:47 Pacific, so that's the absolutely latest we will know (and likely earlier).

What’s that got to do with anything?

Edited by The GOAT

4 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

What’s that got to do with anything?

Even if you don't believe the AMPTP's self-reported stance of Yom Kippur being a deadline for (this round of) negotiations and that if they don't get a deal by then they'll walk away from the table, negotiations would still very likely be suspended during Yom Kippur due to so many of the folks involved observing Yom Kippur.