Eric is Quiet

THE CREATOR | 09.29.2023

Saw the trailer again for this before Haunting in Venice. Looks phenomenal. 

My problem is that I am so against AI, I’m having trouble reconciling with “the protect the AI kid” aspect of it.  I’m just like kill it. Don’t let it grow. I don’t care that it’s probably a metaphor for something else, like we don’t need this machine  propaganda. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Cap said:

Saw the trailer again for this before Haunting in Venice. Looks phenomenal. 

My problem is that I am so against AI, I’m having trouble reconciling with “the protect the AI kid” aspect of it.  I’m just like kill it. Don’t let it grow. I don’t care that it’s probably a metaphor for something else, like we don’t need this machine  propaganda. 😂

Well, if an AI were sentient, then that would make the idea of just killing it difficult to justify from a moral standpoint. It is somewhat unfortunate timing, though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AniNate said:

Yeah making the deadly robot a childlike humanoid feels like a cheap dramatic device. I appreciate original sci-fi but the surrogate parent chase narrative has been done many times before and probably a lot better than this (Eleven and Hopper immediately come to mind)

stranger things is a hot mess and is absolutely not a touchstone for that kind of dynamic 

Edited by Hatebox

5 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

stranger things is a hot mess and is absolutely not a touchstone for that kind of dynamic 

Well its popularity speaks for itself, and it's something that makes this feel all the more derivative.

I guess Looper might be another? I know that has its detractors too though.

Expected reviews, lots of okayish reviews from big trades with some raves (there’s some very positive ones to be added on MC yet). It does seems like 65-67 on MC 

And smaller critics seems to be really liking, should get pretty decent RT score 

But yeah, decent as expected now let’s see if sales can keep growing, it’s not doing bad.

4 minutes ago, Giorno said:

65 on MC (11 reviews)

I just want to say that some of the designs on the new MC website are really strange. The scale to show what percentage of the reviews is positive, mixed and negative, always includes all colors, even if something has zero reviews of that kind. Why would they design it like that??