Eric Prime

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 WEEKEND THREAD

29 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Dude unless something change Fast X is opening with 60-65M based on presales, this is not destroying GOTG3 chances of having a good run like, at all

There is a major film opening every week after FAST X for the next month +.

We have seen films taking a hit in the face of big releases this whole year and there's about to be a major release every week, and MCU in general has become front loaded.

5 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

There is a major film opening every week after FAST X for the next month +.

We have seen films taking a hit in the face of big releases this whole year and there's about to be a major release every week, and MCU in general has become front loaded.

Yes, i think Little Mermaid for example is way more likely to hurt Guardians than Fast X 

But honestly, what this movie really needs is a great second week and an amazing hold on second weekend, if it manages that it can behave closer to a typical sequel going forward and still finish with +300 DOM 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes, i think Little Mermaid for example is way more likely to hurt Guardians than Fast X 

But honestly, what this movie really needs is a great second week and an amazing hold on second weekend, if it manages that it can behave closer to a typical sequel going forward and still finish with +300 DOM 

I'm honestly just happy there is so many movies I want to see again coming out.  Last few years while there was lots of great films, releases were spread out and there was so many droughts. 

This year I can barely keep up.

Seeing GOTG tomorrow, that'll be my 21st movie at the theatre this year already.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dominic Draper said:

I'm honestly just happy there is so many movies I want to see again coming out.  Last few years while there was lots of great films, releases were spread out and there was so many droughts. 

This year I can barely keep up.

Seeing GOTG tomorrow, that'll be my 21st movie at the theatre this year already.

Yeah i feel this is the first year since the pandemic that really feels crowded , let´s enjoy it because with WGA strike is likely next year will be less crowded again

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/5/2023 at 9:28 AM, I Am Eric said:

why dont action blockbusters have musical sequences?

there are very few I can think of that wouldn't benefit from that 

56 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

Last few years while there was lots of great films, releases were spread out

I kinda liked it that way; being able to see the movies I wanted at my own pace and not too worried it'd lose all of its showings if i waited a week

So about a 19% Saturday drop for GOTG3

Better than

Ant-Man 3    27%

Dr Strange 2 36%

Wakanda      33%

Thor 4           39%

Good early signs for legs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The threequel’s Friday to Saturday ease is on par with the first film’s -18% between Friday/previews and Saturday, but lower than the -8.5% dip between those respective two days on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. However, GOTG3 in regards to its box office trajectory was never suppose to be like GOTG2, and that’s not due to threequelitis distrib sources tell me. More on that tomorrow morning as Disney might be looking at more money here. Many will try to poke holes in Marvel, and yes, there is a concern about superhero fatigue, but it’s a $100M+ opening start to summer, so, shut up. The motion picture industry will relish this opening for GOTG3.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/box-office-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-1235357869/

SpiderByte writes for Deadline?

Edited by John Marston
  • Haha 14