charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (8-11 May, 2023) Thread.

21 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Anyone can blindly throw darts at a board and claim it was on purpose 👀

Well, he blindly threw 2 darts and hit the bullseye twice. He's either really good at blind dart throwing or he's really good at his job. But either way, bullseye is bullseye.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Well, he blindly threw 2 darts and hit the bullseye twice. He's either really good at blind dart throwing or he's really good at his job. But either way, bullseye is bullseye.

Correct me if I'm wrong, b/c I might be, but wasn't he also touting how great Ant Man 3 did OW and how it boded well for a great run?

49 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Anyone can blindly throw darts at a board and claim it was on purpose 👀

He’s not worth the baggage that comes with it, and usually has expectations pre-set towards success, but when he’s giving out updates later in whatever cycle, there’s just less room for overly optimistic prognostications 

Trust the data & math, even if early projections have to be taken with a grain of salt 

Edited by M37
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, b/c I might be, but wasn't he also touting how great Ant Man 3 did OW and how it boded well for a great run?

No idea cause I didn't really follow AM3. But he was right about Vol 3 so credit where it's due. 

Amazing MON, if manages 7.5M WED than 65M 2nd weekend is probably happening (-45%) 

After that the run can get closer to other MCU well received sequels due to competition and still finish with 340-350M 

But what’s more important (to me at least):

If the movie reach 315M OS by SUN, +500M is probably locked 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 9
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah. Dude was absolutely abrasive and totally makes sense why he got the boot here but was more often accurate/right in his numbers and predictions then he was wrong. Can be two things at once. 

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 19

17 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yeah. Dude was absolutely abrasive and totally makes sense why he got the boot here but was more often accurate/right in his numbers and predictions then he was wrong. Can be two things at once. 

This. ☝️

• Like 1

I mentioned before that I wondered if it was CBM fatigue or mediocre CBM fatigue. Antman opened low and only got worse cause the reception was bad. Guardians opened low and its trending up...if the trade off is weaker opening  for stronger legs it's a good trade.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Amazing MON, if manages 7.5M WED than 65M 2nd weekend is probably happening (-45%) 

After that the run can get closer to other MCU well received sequels due to competition and still finish with 340-350M 

But what’s more important (to me at least):

If the movie reach 315M OS by SUN, +500M is probably locked 

320M+ WW after 4 days. Nice!
Easily 500M+ WW after 2nd weekend.

Possibly 900M WW final and over Guardians vol.2

• Like 5

Just now, stripe said:

320M+ WW after 4 days. Nice!
Easily 500M+ WW after 2nd weekend.

Possibly 900M WW final and over Guardians vol.2

900M seems like a stretch given the competition, but 820-850M looking very good 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wonder if someone will start a best MCU 2nd weekend DOM since NWH club? Would need to eclipse WF's 66.4M to do that... I personally don't see that happening but expect it could beat MoM's 61.8M second weekend maybe?  

Other possible clubs (last really bold)
Guardians 3 10 day gross over AMQ total (213M)
Guardians 3 2nd weekend over Guardians 2 2nd weekend (65.2M)
Guardians 3 2nd weekend best hold for any MCU (Black Panther's 44.7%)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stripe said:

Other possible clubs (last really bold)
Guardians 3 10 day gross over AMQ total (213M)
Guardians 3 2nd weekend over Guardians 2 2nd weekend (65.2M)
Guardians 3 2nd weekend best hold for any MCU (Black Panther's 44.7%)

The last one is like $0.3M harder than the 2nd 😛 

Edited by Legions of the Galaxy

1 hour ago, screambaby said:

I mentioned before that I wondered if it was CBM fatigue or mediocre CBM fatigue. Antman opened low and only got worse cause the reception was bad. Guardians opened low and its trending up...if the trade off is weaker opening  for stronger legs it's a good trade.

Lets see with Joker 2 and Deadpool 3.

2 juggernaut 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Ant-Man opened pretty well imo. $120m+ OW wasn't realistic considering how the others did. Had the movie been... better it would've ended up with a decent gross. 

It was going to be over 140 pretty much guaranteed if it got 80/A instead of 50/B…

27 minutes ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

The last one is like $0.3M harder than the 2nd 😛 

LOL

I thought there would be a bigger difference!

Wouldnt it be crazy if Guardians 3 has the best drop of the entire MCU?

• Like 1

It's not coming close to MOM, but maybe it can get close to Black Panther 2.

Still don't think it's likely to eclipse BP2 because worldwide OW was 40 million below BP2 and BP2 had Thanksgiving + Holidays to artificially boost the legs, as well as 5 weeks of 0 competition. In Guardians 3's 5th week, it will be losing screens to Fast X, The Little Mermaid, and Across the Spider-Verse.

• Haha 1