charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (8-11 May, 2023) Thread.

6 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

I feel people are being a little too eager here to proclaim the legs are going to be amazing

This forum when the movie drops 60% despite them being bullish on a low 50s-high 40s drop off of an unremarkable Monday for some reason:

zb6TMh.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 2

8.9 is better hold than Vol 2. It´s a good number, just not as good as first presumed. Under 60% drop should be possible, but I don´t know about much lower than that.

3 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

iirc there weren't any Tuesday jumps last year during MOM's release. Infact it did actually decline on Tuesday...wonder if that's the reason why the Monday drop was just 65% for MOM

Maybe Monday had some spillover business?

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This forum when the movie drops 60% despite them being bullish on a low 50s-high 40s drop off of an unremarkable Monday for some reason:

zb6TMh.gif

I thought I was taking crazy pills reading the first page lol. I mean maybe I am but I think this film is going to just perform middle of the line and not allow the detractors or stans to get carried away one way or another.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

iirc there weren't any Tuesday jumps last year during MOM's release. Infact it did actually decline on Tuesday...wonder if that's the reason why the Monday drop was just 65% for MOM

MOM also had a pretty bad drop on SUN, which likely helped MON a little bit 

Honestly 8.9M is still a very solid result, anything over 8.5M actually, and we’re all saying the drop it matters the most is WED. I guess there are some people (me included) eager to see great results, but there’s also people eagger to see the opposite and completely ignoring that we’re projecting good holds based on actual data, not only wishes.

• Like 1

And also, OS is having a great run so far (including a great MON). 

We’ll wondering about 600M just a few days ago, now +800M is very likely 

Let us be excited about this good momentum and have fun projecting, this is why the forum exists 

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

24 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

I feel people are being a little too eager here to proclaim the legs are going to be amazing

Agreed 

• Like 1

I would wait until friday hold before predicting legs as well. If weekdays are strong, friday increase would not be so good. When did MCU sequel last have a great 2nd weekend hold. Even Shang Chi which was not a sequel dropped 54%. BP dropped 45% but that was a different phenomenon in pulling in audience who otherwise dont go to SH movies. I doubt Guardians fit that category. 

• Like 3

100-200k in daily numbers doesn’t really matter, especially on weekdays. Any sort of underreporting on weekdays is generally corrected on next Friday, sometime next day. Disney quite often. 

Actuals aren’t really actuals to the last dollar

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3