kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

GOTG vol. 3 is more proof that if the movies are good people will show up.  The opening weekend was a bit muted by their standards but WOM has now kicked in.  And that's how it should be.  Obviously there were people who were interested but didn't want to get burned again by another bad movie.  Personally,  I never doubted James Gunn

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Firepower said:

*if movie based on a very popular IP is good, people will show up.

Yeah. Good movies without a popular brand could have a hard time in the box office (D&D).

• Like 2

Guardians of the Galaxy. Vol 3 was fantastic, so glad it is holding up great, my favorite MCU movie since Endgame. I think this movie could have made a billion a year ago, now if it makes +$800m WW I'd be happy considering I thought it was going to barely make $600m a week before it opened. I think it it pretty clear that Marvel must focus on quality over quantity, and I say this as an absolute fan of the brand. Two or three movies max and two disney+ shows a year is more than enough. I actually have high hopes for The Marvels, must be the only one in the internet who is excited for that movie. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

I actually have high hopes for The Marvels, must be the only one in the internet who is excited for that movie. 

1 minute ago, JustWatching said:

You have company. And I think it will do well, too.

Captain Marvel GIF by Marvel Studios

I'm with you and I too expect it to do well also. If WOM is in "A-/A" CS range I think it can do 750+

• Like 10