kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

19 minutes ago, OceanBlvd said:

What was Puss gross without early PVOD?

Exactly.

Need I remind people that The Last Wish is still the lowest grossing Shrek movie despite the so called “great” legs. And sequels tend to do better, but “Rise Of Gru” failed to top Minions despite the huge viral movement and long 7 years anticipation.

Dude, that's not the point. The total is completely irrelevant. Puss released to PVOD and then continued having incredible holds all through january regardless. PVOD releases don't have any particularly notable BO impact.

Put the puss hate boner back in the pants and chill out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Summer weekdays are back, at least where I am in Canada.

Heat wave sending people to the movies. Averaging out the 4 theatres I’ve been tracking, Monday matinees are 50-60% of Sunday matinees. 

6M Monday might be a tall order, but seriously, based on what I’m seeing, I’m t wouldn’t be the most shocking thing.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

26 minutes ago, OceanBlvd said:

What was Puss gross without early PVOD?

Exactly.

Need I remind people that The Last Wish is still the lowest grossing Shrek movie despite the so called “great” legs. And sequels tend to do better, but “Rise Of Gru” failed to top Minions despite the huge viral movement and long 7 years anticipation.

It grossed more than it's predecessor domestically actually. PiB2 wasn't going to make $200M by the early looks of it, and then it almost hit that DOMESTICALLY and almost $500M WW. I don't understand what you are saying about it not having great legs lmao.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Heat wave sending people to the movies. Averaging out the 4 theatres I’ve been tracking, Monday matinees are 50-60% of Sunday matinees. 

6M Monday might be a tall order, but seriously, based on what I’m seeing, I’m t wouldn’t be the most shocking thing.

If it does hit 6m just remember there were people genuinely insisting in the weekday thread last week that Guardians would have trouble hitting 300 million domestic.

35 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I forget what part of the country you're in again. I'm in the Toronto area and yes there's a definite heat Wave this week and the weather is supposed to be good heading into the weekend as well. It's definitely helping the movie business here especially matinees.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, baumer said:

I forget what part of the country you're in again. I'm in the Toronto area and yes there's a definite heat Wave this week and the weather is supposed to be good heading into the weekend as well. It's definitely helping the movie business here especially matinees.

Vancouver Island :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maggie said:

I just wanna say this May and June are way gonna be way crowded than July. May and June are full of potential Billion dollar movies. July looks like a waste land compared. Unless barbie breaks out big

Barbie is going to break out so this comment is moot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

Dude those are facts.

And they don’t matter anymore. 

I’m not fully on board with it but Charlie is saying 375-400M DOM 

We’ve seen movies opening with 150-160M finishing below that. Yes it did opened bad but at the end it won’t matter and nobody will remember it because the history here is how great the recovery was both DOM and OS

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

Have u ever saw a great director breaking down its own achievements on Twitter? Come on that’s ridiculous. 

I’ve seen Paul Schrader rant on facebook about pretty much every movie he watch 

Oscar winners The Daniels spent their whole 2022 talking and thanking about their astonishing year on social media

EDR director Lee Cronin was visible full of joy on his Twitter when the movie turn into a big success for him  

James Gunn thanking people for make his movie beat out the underperforming feeling due to WOM is a normal and very humble behavior, and yes It’s kinda common 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Maggie said:

I just wanna say this May and June are way gonna be way crowded than July. May and June are full of potential Billion dollar movies. July looks like a waste land compared. Unless barbie breaks out big

On the contrary, I think July looks big. Mission: Impossible, Oppenheimer, Barbie, Haunted Mansion, Insidious, Joy Ride: all movies that shouldn't have much difficulty approaching their desired levels of success.

August, on the other hand, is definitely full of wild cards that could go either way.

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

On the contrary, I think July looks big. Mission: Impossible, Oppenheimer, Barbie, Haunted Mansion, Insidious, Joy Ride: all movies that shouldn't have much difficulty approaching their desired levels of success.

August, on the other hand, is definitely full of wild cards that could go either way.

Compared to last August, it's a massive improvement although I think WB is going rule it with both The Meg 2 and Blue Beetle. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This will flop.