Issac Newton

Weekend Thread 19-21/05 | Fast X $67.5M

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

That said next movie if it happens will have to trim the budget significantly. I think they have to cut some of the cast as that is costing big money. I am not convinced all of them are valuable at this point. 

Having seen it, they really should have dialed back on the ensemble. There's like 6 different plots going on at once and each one is more tiring than the last. Especially when they have forced cameos on top of those plots. Just a mess, though I doubt they will change that.

• Like 5

Expected numbers. mediocre domestic OW., decent OS start. Will just about break even, though it's not given since the WoM won't be great. It will finish below John Wick 4 domestically. That China number is very promising.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I’m still confused as to whether or not 10 is supposed to be “part 1”?? So then is the next one gonna be called Fast X-2: Furious Men United or something? 

Better naming than Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 3: Part 1

Final Part 3 Part 2 coming out in the Fall 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Cant find it, but saw someone mention Mario would eye right around 600 if it follows Minions from here. Gonna be so irritating if it falls less than 10m short of I2.

I hope Universal would pull out all the stops in that case with a big re-expansion and whatnot since “all time highest grossing animated movie domestic” is certainly a title they should care about bragging about. Especially to get to take it away from the mouse house, which would be a crazy feat. 

They were probably comparing weekend to weekend, and not factoring in summer weekdays (and weak competition in August) 

Minions made $18M on 7/29 week, then made $41 mil more. Mario made $16.5 last week, needs $61M for $600. More likely $570-$580

• Like 9

1 hour ago, M37 said:

They were probably comparing weekend to weekend, and not factoring in summer weekdays (and weak competition in August) 

Minions made $18M on 7/29 week, then made $41 mil more. Mario made $16.5 last week, needs $61M for $600. More likely $570-$580

They were using the 7th weekend multi id guess, which was around 6.4x. 6.4x if Mario does 9.5 this weekend puts it right around 600. 

They also made the good point that Minions was about to lose summer weekdays at the time and Mario is about to gain them. Only thing that would stop that multi would be the amount of competition.

Edited by MovieMan89

52 minutes ago, M37 said:

Minions 2 also benefited from a big Labor Day boost on its 10th weekend, increasing almost 30% FSS from previous weekend. Mario has MDW coming up, but it will be very lucky simply avoiding a big drop against TLM.

• Like 1

With mario reaching 600m. We have direct competition for families with 2 100m+ openers in TLM and SV2 next two weeks. It will lose a lot of theaters as well. So expecting worse holds from here.

8 minutes ago, XXR Anti-Hero said:

Modmin MCU re-watch party?!? :sparta:

I already get rewatches from my dad. Every other night I'm seeing him watching one of the movies on TNT and I watch about 5 minutes of them with him. I think I've seen the Endgame climax like 5 times in the last 3 months.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

The real winners this weekend are us sequel trilogy fans: One obstacle less on the way for the Daisy Ridley movie to become the highest grossing and the first 10th movie in a franchise to made $1 Billion!!! May the force of inflation be with you. 

Girl Fire GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Minions 2 also benefited from a big Labor Day boost on its 10th weekend, increasing almost 30% FSS from previous weekend. Mario has MDW coming up, but it will be very lucky simply avoiding a big drop against TLM.

Strongly disagree on that since Mario is making too little in gross and has lost all of its notable plf/3D share now. The holiday should only help it. This is why animation has such insane legs typically in the late runs, because after it dips low enough in gross animated movies just keep going. Minions didn’t even have that great of an overall multi yet still pulled 6x+ from a 7th weekend multi.