Issac Newton

Weekend Thread 19-21/05 | Fast X $67.5M

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Horrifying to see 3 movies below 1M in the top 10 and one those movies is below 500k.

Since 4/14, over 6 total weekends, only 3 films have opened to at least $10M:

• Evil Dead Rise
  • GOTG3
  • Fast X

When the starting value is that low for so many releases, spots 5-10 are going to be filled with scrubs. But we may get three $100M+ openers over the next 4 weekends to balance it out

3 hours ago, DTP said:

How hard are we expecting Fast X to drop next weekend?

Also, great holds for G3 and Mario.

Memorial Day weekend in the us. Don't think the drop will be that bad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M37 said:

Since 4/14, over 6 total weekends, only 3 films have opened to at least $10M:

• Evil Dead Rise
  • GOTG3
  • Fast X

Jesus Christ I didn't realize it was that dire. 2018 wasn't that long ago. Book Club did 68M. Now the sequel is struggling to hit 20M. 

• Like 2

Dune cast: Oscar winner Bardem, Oscar nominee Chalamet, Emmy winners Zendaya and Stellan, Emmy nominee Isaac. Outstanding performance/MVP/Movie Stealer: Momoa

Fast X cast: Oscar winners Mirren, Larson, Theron, Moreno. Outstanding performance/MVP/Movie Stealer: Momoa

Is universe trying to tell us something? :thinking:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Jesus Christ I didn't realize it was that dire. 2018 wasn't that long ago. Book Club did 68M. Now the sequel is struggling to hit 20M. 

It was simply made far too late. How the hell do you take half a decade to make a second Book Club? That should've been out by early 2020 at the earliest. Now the demographic for that type of movie just doesn't go see movies anymore. Hollywood never ceases to amaze me with their incompetence sometimes.

3 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It was simply made far too late. How the hell do you take half a decade to make a second Book Club? That should've been out by early 2020 at the earliest. Now the demographic for that type of movie just doesn't go see movies anymore. Hollywood never ceases to amaze me with their incompetence sometimes.

It's not easy rounding up all those actresses again. 

Edited by Flopped