Issac Newton

Weekend Thread 19-21/05 | Fast X $67.5M

1 hour ago, Eric Toretto said:

I already get rewatches from my dad. Every other night I'm seeing him watching one of the movies on TNT and I watch about 5 minutes of them with him. I think I've seen the Endgame climax like 5 times in the last 3 months.

I only watch the climax. My Disney+ account knows to start at 2:12:40

11 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

We saw Fast X last night and it was a great time.  A lot better than the last two.  The stakes were higher and the action sequences were a little more creative than the last couple entries.  It's not even close to the worst film I've seen all year. 

idk man, opinion is an opinion but this movie is more like a trash event

no sense with terrible acting

11 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

We saw Fast X last night and it was a great time.  A lot better than the last two.  The stakes were higher and the action sequences were a little more creative than the last couple entries.  It's not even close to the worst film I've seen all year. 

I think with AM3 around, it is hard to have anything else as the worst film of the year in theater. AM3 is easily the worst movie I saw in cinema since theater reopen. Awful story and terrible execution, and absolutely sloppy production. One of the most insincere film I've seen in a recent years. Fast franchise although the story is stupid but at least there is some decency in production and execution. 

• Like 1

Do wonder if Lakers playoff games are impacting Fast X, especially given the demo and regional skew. Both Thur & Sat were weaker, while the Friday (off day) seems inflated compared to the days before and after 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, M37 said:

Do wonder if Lakers playoff games are impacting Fast X, especially given the demo and regional skew. Both Thur & Sat were weaker, while the Friday (off day) seems inflated compared to the days before and after 

Planning to look at Sat jumps vs last week for the different movies and see if we can tease out how much is sports vs partial school out Fri

58 minutes ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

Planning to look at Sat jumps vs last week for the different movies and see if we can tease out how much is sports vs partial school out Fri

Fwiw, I did also think the Warriors/Lakers series had a bit of a depression effect on GOTG3 (opening Thu/Sat/Mon/Wed), and just wonder if that interest carried over. The TV ratings aren’t that high, but the audience demo/overlap and game time might be just enough to cut into both E & W coast prime shows 

1 hour ago, M37 said:

Well wont have to worry about that much longer