kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

1 minute ago, lab276 said:

What is going on at Box Office Mojo? This happened last week too, they overreported TLM's Friday.

mLCh4T3.png

WM2Lp6n.png

I said earlier it looks like they've added the preview number to the official estimate that already includes the preview number. they've done this a few times because whoever runs it now recently suffered a head injury idk.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Been a rough decade for legacy actors. Clooney went from the best actor in Hollywood for 15 years to a decade of totally forgettable crap. Wahlberg hasn't been good in anything since 2012. Matt Damon has had a nice post-COVID run but he was alternating every hit with a miss for awhile there. Brad Pitt starred in Bullet Train and hit his kids. Johnny Depp is such an asshole he had his career ruined BEFORE he was accussed of hitting his wife. Will Smith was mostly bad in things until he won an Oscar for being Will Smith again, then proceeded to fuck it royally. Leo is still great but it wouldn't kill him to play a handsome charming guy instead of an out of shape weirdo for once, if anything to make his girlfriend age gaps less weird. 

Tom Cruise stay winning.

The Clooney one's especially disappointing because he was on a tear in the 2000's, but now all he wants to do is direct mediocre films that get dumped on Amazon Prime

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Going back to box office, that opening for Boogeyman makes that $35M budget look way worse. Whoever at Disney approved that needs to be kicked in the shins.

I disagree. It's not going to make its money back at the theater but if the movie does have good word of mouth and it's a scary as they are saying it is, it could definitely have a good shelf life post theater. I don't think Disney had any delusions of the film making 100 million especially since there's nobody in it. So they must be banking on a post theatrical life and that's why they approved the budget.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Been a rough decade for legacy actors. Clooney went from the best actor in Hollywood for 15 years to a decade of totally forgettable crap. Wahlberg hasn't been good in anything since 2012. Matt Damon has had a nice post-COVID run but he was alternating every hit with a miss for awhile there. Brad Pitt starred in Bullet Train and hit his kids. Johnny Depp is such an asshole he had his career ruined BEFORE he was accussed of hitting his wife. Will Smith was mostly bad in things until he won an Oscar for being Will Smith again, then proceeded to fuck it royally. Leo is still great but it wouldn't kill him to play a handsome charming guy instead of an out of shape weirdo for once, if anything to make his girlfriend age gaps less weird. 

Tom Cruise stay winning.

Denzel's winning too! Can't forget him. Just quietly doing his thing and not bothering anybody. I respect that.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I said earlier it looks like they've added the preview number to the official estimate that already includes the preview number. they've done this a few times because whoever runs it now recently suffered a head injury idk.

Someone else mentioned this earlier and it's what I was thinking as well, they've got to have interns running that portion of box office mojo. When you are a seasoned vet you don't make rudimentary mistakes like that. Anybody at this forum would know how to post numbers better than the idiots that are doing it at mojo right now.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

‘Lightyear’ Director and Producer Laid Off From Disney Pixar (vulture.com)

the people behind Lightyear have been Fired! Damn. Well that's what happens I guess when you make your Buzz Lightyear movie a poor man's Interstellar and sell the film by talking about how dumb the original Buzz Lightyear is and how "cool" your version is

So how long till the antman crew are fired?

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Would be super ironic if ATSV comes within 15m or so of TDK DOM considering ITSV was about 15m below Batman Begins DOM. 120/520 doesn’t seem unrealistic to me with this kind of WOM. 

I personally don't see any scenario where this makes more than 500M. IMO a 3.5x would be excellent for this since it's not a traditional animated movie, it's a movie with a huge superhero fandom behind it and it skews older than Pixar and Disney movies.

43 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Going back to box office, that opening for Boogeyman makes that $35M budget look way worse. Whoever at Disney approved that needs to be kicked in the shins.

Scream 6 budget with scream. 4 OW and advertising.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

‘Lightyear’ Director and Producer Laid Off From Disney Pixar (vulture.com)

the people behind Lightyear have been Fired! Damn. Well that's what happens I guess when you make your Buzz Lightyear movie a poor man's Interstellar and sell the film by talking about how dumb the original Buzz Lightyear is and how "cool" your version is

Morale at Pixar and WDAS (although Encanto was an ok hit in the context of COVID) must be at an all time low especially when looking at Dreamworks, Illumination and Sony Animation being able to have very successful movies in recent times.

They badly need Wish to work as unfortunately Elemental seems like a dud on arrival.

32 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Maybe AtSV can still reach 120 with Sat spillover onto Sun?

I’ve always thought that Sunday was going to have a very strong hold, sub-20%. Only needs $31M (-17% from that 37.5M estimate)

So put me down for ~$121M OW

I'm on page 36 so I don't know if we are still on this Tom Holland/Tom Cruise discussion still but I haven't seen anyone specifically point out Cruise's performance in MI3. That opener was intense as hell. PSH definitely helped with his performance in that movie, but I thought Cruise really matched his energy on screen. I think he could do really well in a thriller after all this MI stuff when he cant run like he runs no more, idk.