Eric Lasagna

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

3 minutes ago, YM! said:

Think we’ll get something like Matrix/Spider-Man in which Spider-Man got the PLFs but Matrix kept IMAX with Dune and The Marvels as I’m pretty sure Denis has a Nolan like deal with them.

It'll probably be similar to what's happening with Mission: Impossible and Oppenheimer where they might move the date up (even if just a little to like that Wednesday) for more time before every IMAX/PLF will have to give The Marvels their screens (cause money talks). Luckily they can always bring it back to those screens in early December which remains completely empty at the moment.

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Over-estimating the appeal of those MCU movies imo.

I assume you mean Cap 4 and Thunderbolts. I think you’re underestimating the strength of the MCU. One will have the summer and the other the winter holidays. We’ve had 6 straight MCU films over $100M and the 3 that missed before that had extenuating circumstances related to COVID and being brand new characters.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

Aquaman 2

🧐

7 minutes ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

Kung Fu Panda 4

I was thinking about this a little bit franchise history of 60 40 40 is… eh

The only expecteds that make me nervous are Mufasa and Thunderbolts

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

Expected $100M DOM Openers

The Marvels

Beyond the Spider-Verse 

Deadpool 3

Mufasa: The Lion King

Captain America: Brace New World

Joker: Folie a Deux

Thunderbolts

Fantastic Four 

Superman Legacy

MCU Spider-Man 4

The Batman Pt. 2

———

Potential $100M DOM Openers

Aquaman 2

Kung Fu Panda 4

Snow White

Inside Out 2

MI:DR - Pt. 2

Despicable Me 4 (opens on Wednesday but the weekend could still do it ala Mario)

Blade 

How to Train Your Dragon (LA)

Moana (LA)

NOTE: Just my personal thoughts right now. Might have missed some films with all the date shuffling.

2025 stacked with Batman, Superman and Spider-Man. Any superhero fatigue would be put on hold when those films come out.

2 minutes ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

I assume you mean Cap 4 and Thunderbolts. I think you’re underestimating the strength of the MCU. One will have the summer and the other the winter holidays. We’ve had 6 straight MCU films over $100M and the 3 that missed before that had extenuating circumstances related to COVID and being brand new characters.

IDK there's pretty clearly still fatigue with the genre, especially with ones that are mediocre which I think is widely expected of Brave New World and Thunderbolts. Brave New World being from the Falcon and Winter Soldier guys (one of the worst MCU shows) and Thunderbolts just not sounding very interesting, I don't see the hype being there anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Skim Beeble said:

Only $200k higher than Eternals. Fewer admissions too with an earlier start time. To say WB is not pleased with these results is probably a massive understatement. Idk why I chose Eternals as a comparison but that's what instantly came to mind.

The more time goes by, more I feel like Eternals was wronged. Need to rewatch it again.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly blue beetle is my latest trailer enemy it's one i keep seeing and i'm sick of it. i know i'm gonna keep seeing it for all the big movies the next two months. even if i see asteroid city next week they'll probably put it in front of that too.

Me too. Yet I can't get Dune Part 2 to save my life even in IMAX and Dolby... 

Who decides the trailers cache and how do I get that job lol? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

🧐

I was thinking about this a little bit franchise history of 60 40 40 is… eh

The only expecteds that make me nervous are Mufasa and Thunderbolts

I feel like KFP as an IP has built up a lot of love since the last one came out. I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised with 70M but also not surprised with 110M.

Mufasa doesn’t worry me. I know the 2019 version isn’t beloved but it’s still the Lion King, it’s still the summer, and Mufasa is the most popular character. JEJ will not be denied.

Thunderbolts I think they’ll make it a big enough crossover + holidays to get it done. 

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It'll probably be similar to what's happening with Mission: Impossible and Oppenheimer where they might move the date up (even if just a little to like that Wednesday) for more time before every IMAX/PLF will have to give The Marvels their screens (cause money talks). Luckily they can always bring it back to those screens in early December which remains completely empty at the moment.

Like Dune has its own IMAX page and trailer, The Marvels doesn’t. I don’t think it’s getting IMAX, PLFs sure but not IMAX.

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

The more time goes by, more I feel like Eternals was wronged. Need to rewatch it again.

There was glimmers of hope, it’s just really boring.

• Like 2