Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Openly saying you have a problem with Argentinians so people can pretend Andy is perceived as white on US is over dramatic. 

Learn to take a joke my guy. Being Argentinian isn’t a race. It’s like saying “openly saying you have a problem with Canadians” as if I’m being bigoted lol.

2 minutes ago, 21C said:

I wonder why  him making a 200 million dollar budget CBM  that features Batman as the forefront would be a bad idea after him making a 200 million dollar budget CBM that features Batman at the forefront that received a B Cinemascore and flopped hard at the box office.

I get, i don’t agreed, let’s move over!

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Lol the CS was worse than Shazam 2? That’s insane wtf 

Who will create the Elemental DOM > Flash DOM? It’s looking like a good bet now.

Call me crazy but Elemental DOM 2nd Weekend > Flash DOM 2nd Weekend

Elemental - 38% drop off $33M to $20.5M | Flash - 70% drop off $53M to $15.6M

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

That run of Cinemascores post-Shazam is grim

Sucks that Birds of Prey and TSS got B+'s as I really loved both of those, personally. Maybe audiences were put off by the violence? Both of them are kind of gnarly in ways most CBMs aren't.

But I think the DCEU had it coming, it was already on thin ice for a while even early on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LVB said:

I'm sorry, but this man is white.

Andy Muschietti - Rotten Tomatoes

Yeah as a mexican I can 100% say that man is white lmfao Just because you were born in a latino country doesn't mean you're not white. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 21C said:

Yeah as a mexican I can 100% say that man is white lmfao Just because you were born in a latino country doesn't mean you're not white. 

Yeah, I agree. Victoria Alonso is very white too. I don't know why the heck the media was calling that woman a "person of color".

It's gonna a rough few weeks for Gunn ... his proposed directors for two upcoming films are going to fucking bomb and receive mixed reception at best ... then I expect Blue Beetle to bomb ... and we'll probably finish the year with Aquaman under-performing as well.

At least WBD has Batman II and Joker II ... and they better pray that Gunn has figured out Superman.

BTW, I still remember this weekend 10 years ago ... I actually liked Man of Steel quite a bit ... but to see where we're at in 2023 is just awful.  It's just depressing to think that 10 years has passed and so much time was lost to mediocrity to just plain terrible decision making by the owners of the IP.

Edited by AdamKendall

Why is anyone surprised Flash is a huge bomb (commercially and reception wise)? How could WB have possibly made it any clearer they knew the whole thing was screwed with DCEU than literally announcing a hard reboot of the whole damn franchise before they even got these last stragglers out the door?

The writing has never been more on the wall for any movies ever than it was for the likes of Shazam 2, Flash, and Aquabro2. Granted, latter may save face OS at least, but isn’t Heard even more hated in a lot of OS places than domestically since the trial disaster? Idk, just dont know why on Earth anyone would have any expectations for DC films before the Gunn era officially starts. 

26 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

NEW RELEASES

FLASH, THE (2023)B

David Zaslav Saw ‘The Flash’ 3 Times, “It’s the Best Superhero Movie I've Ever Seen" — World of Reel

“Can I say one more thing? The Flash is fucking amazing. Like it's one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. [Director] Andy Muschietti did an amazing job.”

-James Gunn Thinks The Flash Is F—cking Amazing (collider.com)

• Haha 10

37 minutes ago, Ross612 said:

This pretty much. Don't know why some can't just trust Gunn on this if you actually trust him with Superman: Beyond. 

Easiest to trust a great director/novice producer to direct than to produce 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Why is anyone surprised Flash is a huge bomb (commercially and reception wise)? How could WB have possibly made it any clearer they knew the whole thing was screwed with DCEU than literally announcing a hard reboot of the whole damn franchise before they even got these last stragglers out the door?

The writing has never been more on the wall for any movies ever than it was for the likes of Shazam 2, Flash, and Aquabro2. Granted, latter may save face OS at least, but isn’t Heard even more hated in a lot of OS places than domestically since the trial disaster? Idk, just dont know why on Earth anyone would have any expectations for DC films before the Gunn era officially starts. 

Hey man, Transformers: Rise of The Beasts passed 200 worldwide. You said it wouldn't? What's up with that? (He'll ignore this as usual)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1