Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

Muschietti enjoys his 15 minute phone call with Cruise so much he casts him as Batman. Muschietti leaves over "creative differences". Cruiser brings McQ on board. Profit?

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Maggie hates Tom Cruise movies with a passion that I only have for hating myself.

This couldn't be more wrong. I love Cruise movies. Edge of Tomorrow and TG:M are some of my fav and i love the MI franchise, but i kinda wish it to be over. I don't know if it makes sense

Just now, TMP said:

Muschietti enjoys his 15 minute phone call with Cruise so much he casts him as Batman. Muschietti leaves over "creative differences". Cruiser brings McQ on board. Profit?

Cruise McQ Green Lantern movie

Today I learned that the other two leading candidates for Batman in 89 were Harrison Ford and Mel Gibson. So Batman could have been either a Jew or someone who hates Jews. I guess that Keaton Batman is canonically neutral on the subject of Judaism.

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, GOGODanca said:

Cruise McQ Green Lantern movie

That bridge is already burned lol, they rejected McQ's pitch for a Superman and a GL film that were meant to connect

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Today I learned that the other two leading candidates for Batman in 89 were Harrison Ford and Mel Gibson. So Batman could have been either a Jew or someone who hates Jews. I guess that Keaton Batman is canonically neutral on the subject of Judaism.

I thought Ford was Irish this whole time

16 minutes ago, Austin said:

Goodness gracious. Those were in one weekend???

Indeed... Endgame was huge deservedly, as it was by far the biggest weekend ever. Jurassic World because it seemed to come out of nowhere. iirc, in the weeks up to JW release, most people were estimating sub 100M, and then it opened way above expectations and then got bigger and bigger over the weekend. that was a super fun weekend on the forum.

Star Wars and Batman v Superman were mostly just people arguing.

(nothing changes lol)

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I imagine when Burton was attached, people expected Baldwin and not Keaton in the role from the two from Beetlejuice.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I thought Ford was Irish this whole time

He's half Jewish. Adam Sandler lists him as only a quarter in the Hannukah Song but he's a full half like me. OJ Simpson, not a Jew.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Harrison Ford is Jewish? Learn something new every day