kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

13 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

The Green Book hate is getting ridiculous lol. It wasn't BP winner material but it was very much a solid crowdpleasing drama (and in a pretty weak year, though even then there were better films).

MV5BZTg0N2E3ODYtOThhYy00MjE5LWI3ZTAtMTcw

This movie still ate up Green Book 

6 hours ago, Landon1195 said:

Doesn't things like Mario, Rise of Gru, and Puss in Boots: The Last Wish prove kids movies can still do well?

I think the concern around kid’s movies right now is that evidence is building that post-pandemic, it’s become another area where only sequels or huge IP like Mario can succeed. The Disney+ factor makes that hard to tease apart though. Migration, Elio, and Inside Out 2 will be interesting to follow on this. 

7 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Half of that is Jennifer Lawrence's salary, right? There's no way it should cost that much.

$45m is very low actually. The Lost City was $68m. Ticket to Paradise was $60m. Bullet Train was $90m. Amsterdam was $80m. Babylon was $110m. All of them original movies.

But I don't buy that she was paid $25m for it. She is producing it which usually means they accept box office points instead of high upfront pay. DiCaprio and Pitt were only paid $10m for OUATIH plus box office points and they weren't even producing it.

Edited by MotionPictured
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Risky Business isn't very ethical and yet it's a classic.

I would argue that overall it has aged very well by modern standards, because the women aren’t just sex objects to be chased after, but are essentially running the show

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Flash cost about $300 million to make. It's going to gross maybe $300 million dollars worldwide probably less. Remember when Batman v Superman made 830 million dollars and people call that a failure LOL

At the time people were too anxious about what the reception to BVS would mean for the future of the franchise, so I understand why they weren't able to look at the numbers objectively, specially when Marvel movies were crossing the billion-dollar mark left and right. But on the other hand, right after BVS, Suicide Squad had the one-two punch of BVS reception and its own catastrophic reviews, and it still broke the August opening record and made $750 million worldwide. A few months later, Wonder Woman also opened huge with over $100 million and crossed $800 million worldwide. People should have been able to see a few months later that the DCEU was not in a disastrous shape as everyone imagined right after the BVS second weekend drop, but discussions got so heated, and people got so passionate about the subject, that no one wanted to let that go and admit things were nowhere near as bad as they predicted.

• Like 3

The issue with BvS was always the legs/reception/divisiveness. Same gross on same budget from a 33% smaller open would been good since it would indicate for JL to increase over a billion instead of falling.

6 hours ago, Landon1195 said:

With movies like The Flash bombing and Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny tracking very low, I think we are seeing the decline of 80s nostalgia. 90s and 2000s/ nostalgia are the big things currently.

Like just go on social media and you will hardly seen any 80s nostalgia anymore. It's mostly 90s and 2000s (heck I even see more early 2010s nostalgia than 80s).

yeah but it is really iffy, fails more often than not 

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Are there even any franchises from the 90s/early 00s that can be brought back other than Scream

Cause what was big: Star Wars Prequels, Raimi Spider-Man, Nolan Batman, Harry Potter (lol).

Pirates

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Are there even any franchises from the 90s/early 00s that can be brought back other than Scream

Cause what was big: Star Wars Prequels, Raimi Spider-Man, Nolan Batman, Harry Potter (lol).

We literally just got this lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1