kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

7 minutes ago, FunkMiller said:

It’s absolutely accurate to blame the start of the DCEU on Zack Snyder. His poor choices set the bar. The executives shouldn’t have given him free rein - that’s their fault, but Snyder started the ball rolling on this mess with movies that were divisive, with poor storytelling and character.

Let’s be honest Snyder never had a free reign, even when Nolan was protecting him in MoS, and his casting and visual choices at the very beginning were incredibly strong. He did great worldbuilding too given the forced rushed WB mandate to keep up with Marvel.

• Like 1

Interesting estimates, well see tomorrow how everything goes.  But based on that, JLaw won Friday but is going to lose the weekend. I guess those aren't too bad numbers for a Romcom.    "Elemental" I guess that's a decent hold but the OW wasn't good.  But it's stabilizing slightly now.   I'm just speechless on Spideyverse 2 domestically.   With all this competition, it's still bringing in those dollars.   I think Overseas numbers does better by the third film.   Audiences are still getting to know this version of Spiderman. 

There really isn't nothing to say about the "Flash".   Let's just say it's a sinking ship.   "Black Adam" will remain the highest grossing DC film until I guess "Aquaman 2".  Even if it drops from the original, I still see i doing more than 400 WW.  Transformers is just "There'.  It's making money but i's not really breaking out at all after winning it's weekend. The Competition really did hurt it most IMO.   "Fast X, Flash, Spiderverse" are pretty much the same Demo's.  Speaking of Fast X, Overseas literally is going propel it to 700 Million.  If they get the budget in check they will be fine.   LM is crawling to 300 Million but it's looking like it should get there.  So as of right now, Spiderverse is the movie of the summer until further notice.  

Edited by filmscholar

4 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Interesting estimates, well see tomorrow how everything goes.  But based on that, JLaw won Friday but is going to lose the weekend. I guess those aren't too bad numbers for a Romcom.    "Elemental" I guess that's a decent hold but the OW wasn't good.  But it's stabilizing slightly now.   I'm just speechless on Spideyverse 2 domestically.   With all this competition, it's still bringing in those dollars.   I think Overseas numbers does better by the third film.   Audiences are still getting to know this version of Spiderman. 

There really isn't nothing to say about the "Flash".   Let's just say it's a sinking ship.   "Black Adam" will remain the highest grossing DC film until I guess "Aquaman 2".  Even if it drops from the original, I still see i doing more than 400 WW.  Transformers is just "There'.  It's making money but i's not really breaking out at all after winning it's weekend. The Competition really did hurt it most IMO.   "Fast X, Flash, Spiderverse" are pretty much the same Demo's.  Speaking of Fast X, Overseas literally is going propel it to 700 Million.  If they get the budget in check they will be fine.   LM is crawling to 300 Million but it's looking like it should get there.  So as of right now, Spiderverse is the movie of the summer until further notice.  

JLaw winning Friday but losing the weekend isn't surprising since its true Friday was only 4.1m

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Let’s be honest Snyder never had a free reign, even when Nolan was protecting him in MoS, and his casting and visual choices at the very beginning were incredibly strong. He did great worldbuilding too given the forced rushed WB mandate to keep up with Marvel.

These Victim Zack Snyder takes are old now, yeah WB are too blame too, but not like Zack Snyder was dropping era changing stuff before and after his DC stint..... He was thinking about Batman getting raped in prison, not like he had any great vision

Only victims here are the poor audience who had to sit through his movies.

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Gotta hand it to you Snyder fans and your ability to alter the past... better that The Flash.

Nolan wasn't protecting him. Nolan buggered off to make Interstellar and had nothing to do with Man Of Steel after his initial pre-production role. I followed the production and remember being disappointed he didn't actually have much to do with it. He was completely uninterested in being involved in a DC cinematic series.

In fact about the only thing he did do, was object to Snyder's idiotic neck snap - and that's according to Snyder himself.

Edited by FunkMiller

6 minutes ago, FunkMiller said:

Gotta hand it to you Snyder fans and your ability to alter the past... better that The Flash.

Nolan wasn't protecting him. Nolan buggered off to make Interstellar and had nothing to do with Man Of Steel after his initial pre-production role. I followed the production and remember being disappointed he didn't actually have much to do with it.

In fact about the only thing he did do, was object to Snyder's idiotic neck snap - and that's according to Snyder himself.

I’m not interested discussing this kind of stuff with such extreme point of views and to mark people as “Snyder fans” is pretty offensive.

21 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

These Victim Zack Snyder takes are old now, yeah WB are too blame too, but not like Zack Snyder was dropping era changing stuff before and after his DC stint..... He was thinking about Batman getting raped in prison, not like he had any great vision

Only victims here are the poor audience who had to sit through his movies.

He never thought about Batman being raped in prison within the DCEU LOL.

He was just talking about how Batman Begins wasn’t that “dark” and that Bruce being raped in prison would’ve been real dark, joking that something this dark could’ve potentially happen in a movie directed by him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

I’m not interested discussing this kind of stuff with such extreme point of views and to mark people as “Snyder fans” is pretty offensive.

I'm sorry you find the fact that Snyder was primarily responsible for the DCEU's awful start 'extreme'.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

What’s that one tweet that’s attached to Eric’s profile? The one that’s like “What are we doing here? What do we gain from this knowledge?”

I’ve been thinking about that tweet while reading the last several pages of this thread.

Honestly the first few times I saw his signature, I assumed it was him commenting on the state of that thread.

Took me several months in fact.

1 hour ago, filmscholar said:

"Black Adam" will remain the highest grossing DC film until I guess "Aquaman 2".  Even if it drops from the original, I still see i doing more than 400 WW.  

Damn, it didn’t even occur to me that Black Adam has outgrosssed all of the recent dc fare. I guess it only made as much because The Rock was the lead. Dwayne Johnson had the last laugh.

2 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

Too easy to blame Snyder. Tsujihara, Emmerich, Johns, Hamada and Sarnoff are responsible for this mess.

The truth is all of them are to blame for the mess. The former management at WB made several bad decisions during and after Snyder's tenure. However, Snyder was the one responsible for laying a faulty foundation for the DCEU and turning the general audience off.

2 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

Too easy to blame Snyder. Tsujihara, Emmerich, Johns, Hamada and Sarnoff are responsible for this mess.

This is what I always said. Snyder simply made the movies WB wanted from him. Man Of Steel was made before The Avengers came out, and up until that point The Dark Knight had been the most successful comic book movie. Green Lantern, which was made in an attempt to replicate the success of Iron Man and launching a DC shared universe, had just bombed. Going with a dark and gritty tone for the Superman reboot was for sure the studio's decision. If Snyder had not taken the job, someone else would have made a dark and gritty Man Of Steel.

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Ideally Warner would put the entire DC brand on ice on film for at least a decade while Matt Reeves finishes his Batman saga. They should've waited after he was done to kickstart another DC universe. Day by day I become more and more worried for Superman Legacy, as I fear audiences will reject it just because it's a DC movie.

Boring. WB should put the whole DC Universe on ice so Matt Reeves gets to play Christopher Nolan? I swear, for all that The Batman is awesome, it’s still not worth it anything like that. Rebooting the DCU was the right move. If there’s appetite for ‘prestige’ Batman fikms awesome, but I want to see the DC Universe fleshed out while I’m still alive.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

What’s that one tweet that’s attached to Eric’s profile? The one that’s like “What are we doing here? What do we gain from this knowledge?”

I’ve been thinking about that tweet while reading the last several pages of this thread.

😂 

@Cap shared this with me (user in the tweet is a wrestling fan), and we both agreed this fit BOT to a tee every single time they get into these petty fights over these dumb kids movies.

Can’t wait for the same crap next week with Indiana Jones. Probably 5 pages minimum people will whine about how Last Jedi ruined everything somehow (hint hint that we aren’t doing this next week. So don’t even try.)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FunkMiller said:

Nolan wasn't protecting him. Nolan buggered off to make Interstellar and had nothing to do with Man Of Steel after his initial pre-production role. I followed the production and remember being disappointed he didn't actually have much to do with it. He was completely uninterested in being involved in a DC cinematic series.

Pretty sure Nolan insisted on Cavill when Zack wanted Manganiello. Other than that yeah he never looked back after this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Pretty sure Nolan insisted on Cavill when Zack wanted Manganiello. Other than that yeah he never looked back after this. 

There are several reports that Nolan was against killing Zod from back then.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/christopher-nolan-disapproved-of-man-of-steels-controversial-ending

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Ideally Warner would put the entire DC brand on ice on film for at least a decade while Matt Reeves finishes his Batman saga. They should've waited after he was done to kickstart another DC universe. Day by day I become more and more worried for Superman Legacy, as I fear audiences will reject it just because it's a DC movie.

There's nothing wrong with DC movies.

It's the DCEU that's the problem.

If Gunn's Superman is obviously completely removed from Snyder's, it should do fine. Because he's still Superman. It just needs to be a good Superman movie. The audience is more than ready for a Superman film that exploits the character's humanity, moral centre and innate 'goodness'. We live in an extremely fractured world, and if Gunn can give us the fantasy of someone who can mend it, it'll be a huge hit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, filmscholar said:

I'm just speechless on Spideyverse 2 domestically.   With all this competition, it's still bringing in those dollars.   I think Overseas numbers does better by the third film.   Audiences are still getting to know this version of Spiderman. 

to be fair, competition was flopping left and right. not to take anything away from its success but it helped that competition didn't warrant taking PLF away, for example.

Also, I wouldn't count on big OS increase for the third movie cause this one is a non-event in many markets. Audience OS simply doesn't care for animated Spiderman. They got used to live action one. Just to keep in mind when inevitable BtSV Over 1B predictions are made. Not happening.

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

to be fair, competition was flopping left and right. not tot ake anything away from its success but it helped that competition didn't warrant taking PLF away from it, for example.

Also, I wouldn't count on big OS increase for the third movie cause this one is a non-event in many markets. Audience OS simply doesn't care for animated Spiderman. They got used to live action one. Just to keep in mind when inevitable BtSV Over 1B predictions are made. Not happening.

"Audience OS doesn't care for animated Spiderman" ah I see people are STILL downplaying Spiderverse even though it completely blew the doors off every single June movie so far. Stay predictable BOT!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MightyDargon said:

"Audience OS doesn't care for animated Spiderman" ah I see people are STILL downplaying Spiderverse even though it completely blew the doors off every single June movie so far. Stay predictable BOT!

Yeah it's made more than Little Mermaid so it seems to be just fine.