Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

On the positive side, Elemental will reach 91M by Sunday 

At this point, 120M and 4x multiplier is pretty much locked. 150M looking more possible everyday, certainly a relief for Pixar that it will just be a disappointment but with excellent run in a summer with so many disasters

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

yep. No one was asking for a Top Gun sequel or a Rocky movie sbiut Creed’s illegitimate son but they were good and people came. Indy 5 was suspected to be bad and nothing changed that perception and that’s why it’s flopping 

People did want a Top Gun sequel and a Rocky continuation though.

1 hour ago, MightyDargon said:

I'm sad Bruce has Alzheimer's but it was good his family finally came clean about it. Had that disclosure not happened I'm sure the godawful Die Hard/McClane concept would have been made to further strip mine his legacy.

Bruce hasn't Alzheimer.

14 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Once the tracking numbers came in, we knew we had a hit incoming but I don't think the general consensus pre-summer was a 120+ OW. 

I don't think there were more than 4 people in the Spiderverse wins the summer DOM, so I'd say it was a HUGE overperformer...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

On the positive side, Elemental will reach 91M by Sunday 

At this point, 120M and 4x multiplier is pretty much locked. 150M looking more possible everyday, certainly a relief for Pixar that it will just be a disappointment but with excellent run in a summer with so many disasters

Let's not be so hasty getting it out of flop territory - while DOM has recovered somewhat, looking at INT BO, it's still at $55M + this week's weekdays...that's not gonna cut it on a path to even $400M WW...(yes, it has a few big markets left to open, but it needs a big payoff from them)...

I'd take the under vs Puss 2 WW right now for WW BO...and its budget is still that way-too-high $200M...

51 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Nope not joking.

There's currently boycotts against Disney.

And conservatives are embracing the far right these days, so I'm not sure why number 5 would be considered so crazy.

Well, I've never read or heard the accusation that a movie showing nazis as evil is a woke thing.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I've read the "anti-wokes" comparing the "wokes" with nazis. It seems both sides in this culture war has accused the other side to support nazis.

Edited by Kon
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

The last time Harrison Ford didn't seem bored, stoned, grumpy, and like he didn't want to be there was what, The Fugitive? 

He was featured for an interview in an italian information program yesterday and he was pretty chill, I'll go with that

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Flopped said:

The last time Harrison Ford didn't seem bored, stoned, grumpy, and like he didn't want to be there was what, The Fugitive? 

Weirdly enough, I think the answer is Expendables 3 and Age of Adaline. He looked like he was having fun in Expendables 3, and was pretty good in Age of Adaline.

Just now, grim22 said:

Weirdly enough, I think the answer is Expendables 3 and Age of Adaline. He looked like he was having fun in Expendables 3, and was pretty good in Age of Adaline.

Oh yeah, I remember thinking he was good in AoA. I just forgot that movie existed. 

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

I don't know why Ford "has" to be replaced. It's ok to let IPs die, y'all. And this generation so badly needs something new to call their own.

Yeah, some stuff is popular when it first comes along and that's it. Like, I was just reading about how Josh Gad was going to do a Honey, I Shrunk the Kids reboot but it's dead now...really, this is where we are? It got a sequel that flopped. Can't we just move on?

I play the Box Office Game every day and it's not like the past was 100% High Art with no sequels, but there was much more variety in the hits before, even the 2000s vs today, though there was plenty of IP by then.

42 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Nolan and Murphy’s turn 

Seems wildly out of character for Nolan but he did do that TikTok about 70mm... Maybe they can call in Emily Blunt and Florence Pugh, they seem a bit less social media averse.

• Like 2