Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Transformers numbers aren't good either but people will pretend that they are for whatever reason. Grossing more than Flash doesn't make a 200mil budgeted film an automatic hit.

Yeah, but there's nuance in it. With Transformers, expectations come into play. Flash was expected to be one of the biggest movies of the year. It... is not. Many people here expected Transformers to bomb horribly. Instead, it's "just" a disappointment. 

I don't think anyone would claim its numbers are good. Especially internationally.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Transformers numbers aren't good either but people will pretend that they are for whatever reason. Grossing more than Flash doesn't make a 200mil budgeted film an automatic hit.

True but at least it’s managed some nice holds the last two weeks

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Lol, WB went with 15% drop on Sunday. No chance it hits 5M for the weekend.

1.42(+30%)

1.93(+35%)

1.641(-15%)

National holiday in Canada on monday. Sunday drops should be a bit lighter, not sure if it'll be enough for flash to drop 15%, but I guess it's possible

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

it’s one of th most weird situations where a movie flood but still makes more than loads of people expected. The Legend of Tarzan from 2016 is a prime example 

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Well, TF numbers are what they are but considering Paramount have sucked at finding good release dates for their films this year, these ##s are somewhat encouraging for the future of the franchise, especially if the next installment comes out in a less crowded space.

The Flash OTOH would have been a clunker whenever it came out. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

This will barely make more than $20M total. They might as well had sent it straight to Peacock when it was clearly always doomed.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flopped said:

This bomb still hasn't hit 100M after all the money they threw on promo? 

Hopefully Barbie having the most extensive marketing campaign of all time pays off for WB cuz otherwise no words. 

Barbie could make in it’s OW as much as Flash does in its entire domestic run 

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Alrighty then

Just off the top of my memory, the knights of ren, rey's vision, the big mystery about her parents are all things which TLJ either subverts entirely or throws out altogether. Finn's character arc from TFA is thrown out for some sort of soft reset of his character, the conflict about being a former stormtrooper doesn't matter anymore either. The entirety of TFA had the purpose of finding Luke on both sides of the conflict, so TLJ promptly decides that Luke is useless

Then TROS promptly does the same to TLJ by completely ignoring the "broom" kid tease (or really just the message that the force can touch anyone in general), basically nuking rose as a character, kylo being setup as the villain, bringing back the chosen one narrative that TLJ decided to do away with etc.

Not all of these are bad, but all of these very much remind you that this trilogy was made by people that wanted to take it in diametrically different directions, and neither one wanted the other's vision to stick or be followed upon, which made for a ridiculous chimera of a trilogy.

I'm not here to argue about which vision should've been the one to be used (I'm not a huge sw fan regardless and I don't think highly of any of the ST films), but the whole thing would've benefit if they'd atleast settled on one of them before moving forward

I don't understand this "chosen one" thing, so no comment on that, but Luke definitely showed his usefulness at the end of TLJ. Also, I think it was a mistake to not tease Palpatine at the end of TLJ, as that gave the false impression that they set up Kylo Ren as the main villain of TRoS. They wanted to surprise the audience and create some nostalgia by showing Palpatine at the last moment, but it didn't work for them.

28 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Here's a Star Wars take y'all are gonna love, I think Force Awakens does A New Hope better than A New Hope. 

rpx_syria-mic-drop.gif%20

Jurassic World does "don't fuck around with genetic power" better than Jurassic Park.