Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Probably not unless Indy falls 60%+ and Insidious really overperforms its current $20-25M expectations. Will probably be a closer than expected call though.

Oh that’s better then I expected for Insidious, I was thinking more mid to high teens. 

The is the summer of studios dumping way too much money into movies expecting billion dollar grosses. Barbie and Oppenheimer will really end up being the most profitable releases this summer just because they have reasonable 100M budgets.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Looking at the Aladdin comp it was crazy just how good late legs Aladdin had. 3 weeks ago TLM and Aladdin had the same running total, 2 weeks ago Aladdin was 10M ahead, 1 week ago it was 18M ahead and now it's almost 27M ahead.

Is Mena Massoud back on social media?

• Haha 10

15 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Damn I didn't think this would open similarly to pirates 5. Kinda sad to see, I thought even it wasn't all that great that surely Indiana Jones would have more excitement just in the brand than this. I guess Indy just doesn't have the same generational interest that some other older brands have, where people will come out in mass regardless of quality. 

Thing is before covid many films could do okay domestic but make a ton overseas.

imagine a film like pirates 5 making 600 million overseas now

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The is the summer of studios dumping way too much money into movies expecting billion dollar grosses. Barbie and Oppenheimer will really end up being the most profitable releases this summer just because they have reasonable 100M budgets.

Also ATSV (though how Sony kept that budget so low has become, uh, questionable)

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

As an aside and given that we're discussing star wars anyway, I kind of hope this doesn't kill mangold's sw film since I was pretty interested in that

Personally, I think that movie is dead. A movie about people discovering the force feels.... Forced. Just the concept feels too low key to be a big Star Wars movie release.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Oh that’s better then I expected for Insidious, I was thinking more mid to high teens. 

It's the first horror movie in over a month and it's a franchise title so it could eek out $20M+ on a quiet weekend otherwise (Joy Ride is giving Bros vibes tbh: a critically acclaimed comedy with very little real world buzz).

Just now, grim22 said:

Personally, I think that movie is dead. A movie about people discovering the force feels.... Forced. Just the concept feels too low key to be a big Star Wars movie release.

Would be pretty sad since I'm pretty down to get some jedi stuff that gets as far away from the skywalkers as possible

1 minute ago, screambaby said:

So unless something unforseen happens spideys only gonna be second domestically to Mario for the entire year

Happy Margot Robbie GIF

Should be at worst 4th or 5th, could be as high as second 

• Thanks 3