XXR vs XXR

Sound of Freedom || Discussion of The Movie And Its Producers Should be HERE and HERE ONLY || The Report Button Is Your Friend || Keep It Civil

12 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Looks like the fans are getting a sequel

Is the trilogy ending on him taking on the "global elite" to stop the "adrenochroming of children" then, since he keeps going on and on about it? Sounds lovely.

what a sad lunatic

• Like 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/sound-of-freedom-angel-studios-pay-it-forward-1235550898/

According to Angel’s website, more than 14.5 million tickets have been purchased in North America. Geesey declined to say how many fall in the donated category except to suggest it isn’t an overwhelming number. “The vast majority of tickets are being bought by human, everyday people in a normal purchase flow,” Geesey tells THR. “We do not break out Pay It Forward tickets versus regular tickets because they’re the same thing. A ticket is a ticket, whether you paid for it or someone else paid for it.”

versus the opening weekend

More than 10 million tickets have been purchased through the app, called Pay It Forward. During the movie’s July 4 opening, “Sound of Freedom” scored $11.5 million from direct box office sales and $2.6 million, or over 20%, from Pay It Forward ticket sales.

So I think it seems reasonable to infer that this ~20% basically remained flat throughout the run. Let's say 15% to  35% are either PIF or group ticket sales for the film. 

Again, I saw that JAT floated a Pay it forward sales number a couple of days after that (which implied ~5% of post OD sales over the next few days were PIF sales). Was that based on anything or just speculation/inference? 

On 8/8/2023 at 7:48 PM, ZeeSoh said:

I mean, it's probably the same group of people who lost their minds when Sarah Huckabee Sanders was refused service at a restaurant (over the dumb and hateful crap that came out of her mouth) and harassed the restaurant, including attacking completely unrelated restaurants in different states with the same name.

These folks may be many things, but "intelligent" (despite their claims to being The Real Deep Thinkers) isn't one of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I mean, it's probably the same group of people who lost their minds when Sarah Huckabee Sanders was refused service at a restaurant (over the dumb and hateful crap that came out of her mouth) and harassed the restaurant, including attacking completely unrelated restaurants in different states with the same name.

These folks may be many things, but "intelligent" (despite their claims to being The Real Deep Thinkers) isn't one of them.

Yep not regretting not seeing this movie at all. Do not need to see it to know Child traffiking is a bad thing.

• Like 4

According to Hollywood reporter.

in the U.S., Latinos made up 37 percent of the audience in the movie’s second weekend

DHD also mentioned 30% of the crowd during OW is Latino. That probably explain why the movie overperform since Latino has been the strongest moviegoers group. The Mexican director sure raise the awareness among Latino but most importantly, Latinos being the most affected group by human trafficking crime, make the movie more relatable to the Latinos.   

• Like 5

11 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

The Mexican director sure raise the awareness among Latino but most importantly, Latinos being the most affected group by human trafficking crime, make the movie more relatable to the Latinos.

The guy isn't even known in Mexico let alone for mexicans in the US.

I wish I could agree on people seeing it because we're affected by it but since the last time I came here around the time the movie launched launched discourse is going only worst among advocates of this. Even small reviewers are getting harassed and called out as "part of the elite" for not speaking about it considering there's still 3 weeks left for its opening.

Not saying people aren't concerned or aren't empathetic with those living it but there's a clear intention to misguide audiences.

Also there was some stuff that resurfaced in social media related to the producer who was very close with the past administration to the point of traveling on the presidential plane and before that his relation with a well known and popular priest who had several abuse and misconduct allegations.

If you thought things surrounding this movie in the US were polemic it's even worst in Mexico.

• Like 3

I wish this subject would get a more full spectrum approach similar to Soderbergh's Traffic. It's unfortunate that it has been solely relegated to hero worship thrillers. I'm not saying there's not a place for those films like Sound of Freedom, and they can be good entertainment. I wouldn't consider them any further than that, though.

On 7/10/2023 at 7:59 AM, SLAM! said:

Believer here, so I should post my take:

- I like the movie in and of itself

- I dislike Caviezel’s engagement with QAnon, because many of their conspiracies are based in falsehood

- I saw the film before I knew about the ties to QAnon and feel slightly deceived

- If someone wants to see it, I still encourage them to see it, but because I know that they’re the demographic that’s interested

- I want to keep the QAnon stuff in mind as I discuss the movie so that even if people continue seeing the movie, they might not be led astray into believing lies perpetuated by QAnon

- Hey, if people don’t want to see it, if they don’t want to buy tickets, that’s perfectly fine, that’s their right, and I respect their decision especially if it’s a decision made in response to its ties to QAnon

- The cinematography is fantastic, great imagery, and I will campaign this for cinematography at the Boffies even if I’m the butt of a joke for it

- Not Ballard for Hero due to QAnon

- But yes for Trafficking for the Villain category

I want to add a disclaimer to this statement.

I think Tim Ballard is a hero in terms of rescuing children. QAnon promotes conspiracies and I don’t know if those are true or false (how could I), but I feel bad/conflicted for saying outright that Ballard and Caviezel are liars because of their engagement with QAnon. I just don’t know the whole picture. On one hand, they have done good deeds, very heroic deeds, and on another hand, one’s good deeds does not get them to Heaven. I don’t have all the answers regarding this matter but I will state that in a world where we seem to be surrounded by lies, I believe that the Bible stands as the ultimate truth.