baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

14 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Or...they came out for Cavill who - being an extremely hot guy even in his worst Witcher wig - looked at his hottest in Fallout. Like, "daddy, rub your moustache all over me, throw me over your shoulder and take me to your doomsday cult base and fuck me till I can't stand up" hot.

Shoulda brought him back. He woulda been better than the spanish dude.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The worst part about this underperformance, and what scares me the most, is the fact that Part Two hasn't finished filming yet. What's stopping Paramount from panicking and ordering radical Josstice-style reshoots once these strikes end?

Not going to happening, you're just being negative and hyperbolic again. 

The budget is not something Paramount greenlit in the first place and I suspect they've accepted they'll make a loss on the theatrical run but they're not going to touch the next Mission Impossible and they likely can't anyway because the film itself isn't the problem. 

21 minutes ago, M37 said:

Yep, Fallout is the exception - Rogue Nation was also 63% M

I do wonder if Fallout benefited from Greatest Showman and/or Black Panther afterglow, women turning out more for Rebecca Ferguson & Angela Basset respectively than the 6th entry in an action franchise 

40 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Should we blame BARBIE? 👀

Unfortunately I do think below is the reason.

17 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Or...they came out for Cavill who - being an extremely hot guy even in his worst Witcher wig - looked at his hottest in Fallout. Like, "daddy, rub your moustache all over me, throw me over your shoulder and take me to your doomsday cult base and fuck me till I can't stand up" hot.

And "Punch my ass in this bathroom"! 

Henry Cavill on his meme-worthy moment from 'Mission: Impossible – Fallout'

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Not going to happening, you're just being negative and hyperbolic again. 

The budget is not something Paramount greenlit in the first place and I suspect they've accepted they'll make a loss on the theatrical run but they're not going to touch the next Mission Impossible and they likely can't anyway because the film itself isn't the problem. 

What could potentially happen is not getting a 2024 release, it’s a very different situation than Captain America: Brave New World and even Deadpool 3, which had also the filming halted. I have a suspicion that Deadpool 3 is almost done, and I read reports that MI8 was only 40% done. We will know more about these films getting delays or not soon enough.

19 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

3 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Cavill. 

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

Unfortunately I do think below is the reason.

And "Punch my ass in this bathroom"! 

Henry Cavill on his meme-worthy moment from 'Mission: Impossible – Fallout'

Ok, fair enough (the relative hotness of certain actors is unfortunately not in my wheelhouse). But clearly there was a female draw with Fallout that hasn't repeated, instead reverted back to the MI mean

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

What could potentially happen is not getting a 2024 release, it’s a very different situation than Captain America: Brave New World and even Deadpool 3, which had also the filming halted. I have a suspicion that Deadpool 3 is almost done, and I read reports that MI8 was only 40% done. We will know more about these films getting delays or not soon enough.

I'd put Part 2 in December 2024 as they'd be able to have as many PLFs as possible. 

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'd be impressed if you were correct.

Looking to make it 31 days this wknd with something like a 15-20% drop imo. The lowest weekday of this set will be 1.57 so next mon and wed should hover ~ 1.3M imo for easy 38 days. Surviving barbenheimer on day 39 and barben+mansion previews on 42 are the only dicey parts but I suspect based on PSA/demos that it will survive pretty well.   

Wonder what the best 1M streaks are for movies without any wknd over 30M.

Edited by LegionGPT
  • Like 1

I think some of you guys have lost your minds LOL why would there be even whispers of canceling MI8? Let's say our worst film makes 18 0 to match 450 overseas. 630 million. Hardly a bomb definitely below expectations but it's nothing to panic over LOL and the budget for the next one is going to be probably 100 million less than this one. Every film or every Tent-pole that seems to be made during covid has an astronomical budget. I don't see another covid shutting down movies in the foreseeable future.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

Mornin’ Everyone.  What level of Def Con are we on? Nothing a cute puppy picture can’t cure!

B54550A4-170E-4A40-BE89-8C5C31B83F94.jpeg

Kamala Khan is writing Kamala Khan comics. Soon Iman Vellani will take over Kevin Feige’s role as Marvel Studios president. Ms. Marvel is getting resurrected as a mutant in Krakoa.

Absolutely everything is right in the world. Here BOT, have a picture of Kamala Khan sunbathing.

BlFR2Ne.jpg

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Puss in Boots 2 got to 28 days

Which Ele will match once we get the thurs number! Estimating a flat day for yesterday, if it drops 20% from that number it should just squeak over 1m on wed/thurs in 2 weeks, allowing for it to reach 45 days over by Sunday, July 30. :sarah:

Edited by harry713

46 minutes ago, M37 said:

Yep, Fallout is the exception - Rogue Nation was also 63% M

I do wonder if Fallout benefited from Greatest Showman and/or Black Panther afterglow, women turning out more for Rebecca Ferguson & Angela Basset respectively than the 6th entry in an action franchise 

Fallout has something Dead Reckoning doesn't. 

CAN'T FIGHT THE FRICTION!

• Thanks 1