CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Seem like being a long and older skewing movie really push the sales to weekend.

Saturday was $21.3M, repping a 28% spike over Friday’s $16.7M. Sunday is figured at a -15% ease with $18.1M.

2 hours ago, DAR said:

She’s always been fire.  But the way she looks in this I’m given the full Joey Tribiani how you doin.

When she did the Wondy scrunchie meme I ascended in that theater. 🥵

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Always loved her but never as much as in this film 

🥵

We just got home. This was… certainly three hours. Hayley is magnetic. It’s super hard to criticize when I have such respect for the stunts and the stunt team, but… there is barely a plot here; and two of those sequences went on forever and forever. It doesn’t really feel like something I’d recommend, because why watch it now, when you can just wait until a week before the other comes out to watch them as a completed story? 

Oh another thing that made me laugh. Apparently they updated the Oppenheimer trailer so the text read in “five days it’s the motion picture event of the year.”

and I kind of rolled my eyes and thought that’s not true, that’s Barbie!! Oh, wait, Barbie comes out in five days! That actually is true. 😂😂😂😂😂

Has anyone in this forum attended a showing of SOF? Are there actually people in the seats watching the film? The numbers for it are absurd and I struggle to believe they are realistic. I think I will go see DR in Dolby on Sunday afternoon and peak my head into a SOF screening to see for myself.

Edited by LonePirate

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i'm not sure where finals end up, but i expect Paramount to fudge franchise record if falls a little short

It's not going to get close enough to 61M IMO but if that Deadline number holds that's a slightly bigger opening than Fallout minus previews with a 20M cume lead over it. DR is doing just fine and 200M is probably locked even if next weekend it drops >50% against Barbenheimer . 

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Has anyone in this forum attended a showing of SOF? Are there actually people in the seats watching the film? The numbers for it are absurd and I struggle to believe they are realistic. I think I will go see DR in Dolby on Sunday afternoon and peak my head into a SOF screening to see for myself.

Report back, I would very much like to know this myself especially after some of the tweets/posts I've seen of sold out but empty theaters for it lmfao

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fanboy said:

It's not going to get close enough to 61M IMO but if that Deadline number holds that's a slightly bigger opening than Fallout minus previews with a 20M cume lead over it. DR is doing just fine and 200M is probably locked even if next weekend it drops >50% against Barbenheimer . 

5 day record between MI2 and Fallout would be record, not a weekend record

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I think I will go see DR in Dolby on Sunday afternoon and peak my head into a SOF screening to see for myself.

depending on where you are located it might be a waste of time

Good time to be a movie theater owner tbh. This is good stuff (albeit disappointing given the budget, theaters don’t care about what the budget was, doesn't cost them any more to play a 200M film than a 5M one).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

It is the only movie I have seen people talk about. My family has gone to see it, my friend group at dinner last night couldn’t stop talking about it.

Everything on my Facebook feed (local people) is either Sound of Freedom or Carlee Russell.

Edited by Chaz

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

5 day record between MI2 and Fallout would be record, not a weekend record

Oh yeah in that case they should definitely be able to fudge it past 78M with that Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Report back, I would very much like to know this myself especially after some of the tweets/posts I've seen of sold out but empty theaters for it lmfao

I just purchased a ticket to see DR in Dolby at 3pm on Sunday. There is a 2:45pm showing of SOF so I’ll see how full it is because this is what the AMC app shows for it right now: 

8IR9wC8.jpg