Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

25 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This is the only person I respect saying this. The Last Jedi is one of the best Star Wars films with one terrible flaw: the sidelining of Finn sticks out more in this film than pretty much anything in the whole saga. I completely get where he is coming from.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

WB's Top 10 movies domestic is pretty much DC except for Deathly Hallows 2, American Sniper and IT, and 5 of the others are Batman or Batman adjacent.

This is why WB is never going sell DC, when it hits, it hits big. 

1 minute ago, WorkingonaName said:

Ive only seen John Wick, Guardians and MI in theatres so far lol.  

I'll admit I've been pretty guilty this year too. I've only seen M3gan, D&D (twice) and Spider-Verse. If I moved back to the city I'd see more movies but I live in small town atm and we generally only get one or two new movies per weekend and I'm not interested in most big movies. 

2 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Conservatives are downvoting it because they don't like it when women are in movies.

that IMDb score was just 1 paritcular review of somebody, I think we should wait to see if it's actually getting review bombed.

This is some big W with some crazy free marketing for both Barbie and Elemental here in Brazil:

One of Brazil’s biggest favelas is getting discount viewings for both of them. It seems to be a promo made by a theater chain and government backing as well. 

Movies for me this year in theatres:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Megan, Avatar 2, Missing, Infinity Pool, Women Talking, Knock at the Cabin, Puss in Boots 2, Quantumania, Cocaine Bear, Creed 3, Scream 6, 65, Shazam 2, Inside, DnD, John Wick 4, Mario, A Good Person, Air, Renfield, Suzume, Beau Is Afraid, Evil Dead Rise, Polite Society, Guardians 3, Are You There God, Sisu, Blackberry, Fast X, Mermaid, You Hurt My Feelings, Spider-Verse, Boogeyman, Transformers, The Flash, Elemental, Past Lives, No Hard Feelings, and Dead Reckoning.

Thank God for AMC A-List

Edited by deniima
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

One of Brazil’s biggest favelas is getting discount viewings for both of them. It seems to be a promo made by a theater chain and government backing as well. 

...huh. A favela? Just for the residents of this favela?

I have no doubt Barbie is going to piss a lot of the internet (particularly on male-dominated sites) off but that is also what makes it one of the most important movies of the year. Often the movies that go down in history are controversial or get polarising reception upon their release. I also hope it's one of the made by females, targeted at females movies that kinda starts a movement for those sort of movies in commercial cinema. Even the women-oriented movies I've seen doing well on IMDb I take a lot of issues with, like The Notebook for example. Nothing about the relationship that movies romanticises is healthy. 

Movies ive seen this year:

M3GAN
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish
Decision to Leave
Scream VI
John Wick 4
Evil Dead Rise
Across the Spider-Verse
Indiana Jones 5
Mission Impossible 7
Oppenheimer booked for this Sunday

All in all, its a downer year for me as well, normally i would have seen more like 15 movies at this time of year. Though i have to admit money plays a role i cant affort too many theater visitings at the moment.

Edit: I forgot 65. Though honestly ... i would also like to forget that movies existence again.

Edited by Brainbug

Movies I’ve seen at the movie theaters this year:

M3GAN

Ant-Man and Wasp: Quantumania

Creed 3

John Wick 4

Scream VI

Evil Dead Rise

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

I’m slacking but the next time I travel I’m likely watching Indiana Jones and Dial of Destiny, Oppenheimer, TMNT: Mutant Mayhem and Blue Beetle. Planning to double screenings for these 4 in the upcoming weeks.

Edited by ZattMurdock

My theatre-going this year so far….

30 movies. 

Empire of Light

Tár 

M3gan 

Avatar: The Way of Water - 2nd viewing

A Man Called Otto

Babylon 

The Fabelmans 

Knock at the Cabin 

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania