Eric the Ape

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

List of Pixar Summer 6th weekends (comparable movies)

Cars: $7,840,985

Inside Out: $7,414,528

Finding Dory: $7,234,806

Elemental: $7 million?

Up: $6,521,389  

WALL E: $4,603,179

Brave: $4,305,153  

Ratatouille: $3,987,800

Monsters University: $2,854,838

7.2M please and ahead of INDY. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It's mad that WB's OW record potentially could be broken. I'm not sure what is the top 10 WB OWs but I imagine it consists mostly of Batman films plus Harry Potter. 

01 / 169.2M / HP: DEATHLY HALLOWS II

02 / 166.0M / BVS: DAWN OF JUSTICE

03 / 160.9M / THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

04 / 158.4M / THE DARK KNIGHT

05 / 134.0M / THE BATMAN

06 / 133.7M / SUICIDE SQUAD

07 / 125.0M / HP: DEATHLY HALLOWS I

08 / 123.4M / IT

09 / 116.6M / MAN OF STEEL

10 / 103.3M / WONDER WOMAN

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

wasnt funny the first time, I wonder how much unfunnier it can get the 2nd time around

• Thanks 1

Not gonna have time to do a traditional back-to-back double feature this weekend since I work from the afternoon to evening the next two days and I'm spending Saturday and Sunday in the Ozarks with my family. However, I am planning to catch both films separately at their absolute latest showtimes (11 pm for both) tomorrow and Friday at my Regal theater. Gonna do Oppenheimer on Thursday and Barbie on Friday.

Will my sleep schedule be absolutely fucked up? Yup.

Will I care? 

Spoiler

Nope.

no-regrets-no-ragrets.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

01 / 169.2M / HP: DEATHLY HALLOWS II

02 / 166.0M / BVS: DAWN OF JUSTICE

03 / 160.9M / THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

04 / 158.4M / THE DARK KNIGHT

05 / 134.0M / THE BATMAN

06 / 133.7M / SUICIDE SQUAD

07 / 125.0M / HP: DEATHLY HALLOWS I

08 / 123.4M / IT

09 / 116.6M / MAN OF STEEL

10 / 103.3M / WONDER WOMAN

The lone It admist a sea of DC and HP will never not be hilarious.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, upriser7 said:

I am just now reading about Scientology for the first time and ngl, this shit sounds batshit crazy. I can't believe there were so many rich people that were (still are ?) part of this

not having done any research on the topic I just assumed it was all about tax evasion 

3 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Kinda like the top 17 overall OWs (15 of which are Disney, no WB):

10 MCU 

3 Star Wars 

3 Family 

… and Jurassic World 

18 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

WB's Top 10 movies domestic is pretty much DC except for Deathly Hallows 2, American Sniper and IT, and 5 of the others are Batman or Batman adjacent.

There's ONLY ONE subtitled showing per day for Barbie among the 3 theatres in my city (the others are dubbed), and even when said showing was sold out for the whole weekend, theatres added more dubbed showings but no subtitled showings 🙄.

So I'll watch it dubbed tomorrow and I'll have to wait until at least next weekend to watch it in English.

7 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

There's ONLY ONE subtitled showing per day for Barbie among the 3 theatres in my city (the others are dubbed), and even when said showing was sold out for the whole weekend, theatres added more dubbed showings but no subtitled showings 🙄.

So I'll watch it dubbed tomorrow and I'll have to wait until at least next weekend to watch it in English.

Welcome to my world. I have to travel an hour to Caracas just to watch subtitled movies at 2 or 3pm showtimes because there's only dubbed movies at my nearest mall. It's more expensive but I really dislike dubbing so I don't regret doing sacrifices like this.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

It's more expensive but I really dislike dubbing so I don't regret doing sacrifices like this.

just my opinion of course, but I have always found latam dubbing to be quite competent, there's even been a few cases where I've preferred it to the original

4 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

just my opinion of course, but I have always found latam dubbing to be quite competent, there's even been a few cases where I've preferred it to the original

The old dubs from 90s and early 2000s movies where amazing, especially the Disney and DreamWorks movies but then for some reason they started using "star talents" (i.e. youtubers/influencers) to attract younger audiences and the quality in general went down. Or maybe I preffer older dubs out of pure nostalgia, idk.

• Like 2