Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Lol it’s almost funny to imagine 30-40 year old conservative men spending their entire weekend raging over the freaking Barbie movie.

”Must write another 0-star review! Must stop people from seeing this movie!”

It’s sad and hilarious to picture it. I hope they have a miserable time.

45 minutes ago, baumer said:

So I just checked the theater closest to me. Barbie has three showings today, 3:15, 6:15 and 9:15. Two ladder shows are sold out with the exception of a few seats closest to the screen. The 315 show is about half sold out right now. Safe to say all three shows are going to sell out for sure. Oppenheimer has two shows, the 6:00 show is sold out and the 10:00 show is about half full right now.

Cineplex Scotiabank Toronto looks similar;

3:40 - 240 seats sold

4:20 - 128 sold

6:40 - 510 sold

7:20 - 196 sold

9:40 - 463 sold

10:20 - 144 sold

1681 tickets sold in just one theatre. 
massive, massive preview numbers 

• Heart 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Lol it’s almost funny to imagine 30-40 year old conservative men spending their entire weekend raging over the freaking Barbie movie.

I mean, it just happened with The Little Mermaid lmao. And it’s going to happen with The Marvels. And it’s going to happen with Snow White. And it’s going to keep happening, until their miserable lives are over.

8 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

That Jurassic World weekend was so great. Have a feeling this one is going to be memorable too.  

Can’t wait for that Friday Barbie number. Could be obscene. 

I am more interested in Sat if this is a massive walk up event like TA and JW

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Don't worry they will try and make up that the theaters are empty and WB is buying all the tickets as well when it doesn't work

Matched with a girl I thought was cute on a dating site, she asked me what I was doing today. Told her I was going thrifting to find pink clothes for Barbie tomorrow.

She told me that men shouldn’t be wearing pink, and unmatched me.

The hype is REAL.

• Heart 3
  • Haha 14
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Cap said:

If we are throwing rookies numbers around, I saw Endgame six times opening weekend and 10 in total. We did:

5PM Thursday AMC Empire 25

2AM Friday AMC Lincoln Square IMAX

7PM Friday AMC Lincoln Square IMAX

10PM Friday AMC Lincoln Square IMAX

10AM Saturday AMC Empire 25 Dolby

12PM Sunday Hometown IMAX (after a 7 hour bus ride home)

Last time I did that was CATFA, also did 10 times. 

That's a lot of love!

I think the only movie I've ever watched twice in the theaters was X-Men Apocalypse.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Cineplex Scotiabank Toronto looks similar;

3:40 - 240 seats sold

4:20 - 128 sold

6:40 - 510 sold

7:20 - 196 sold

9:40 - 463 sold

10:20 - 144 sold

1681 tickets sold in just one theatre. 
massive, massive preview numbers 

Mine was the Silver city in Brampton

38 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I think the most exciting thing about this weekend is that everybody (EVERYBODY) is talking about movies. And not some Netflix release. They’re talking about movie theaters. 

After the last 3 years or so, it feels so good to be back. I haven’t been this excited for a weekend thread since Jurassic World (for all you BOTers who were around back then, you all know how glorious that thread was).

Yes, this is a very exciting weekend because of.

1. Movie event of the year that have nothing to do superhero stuff.

2. Potential $1bn movie that directed, by sole female director.

3. Not one, but two non-VFX/non-action-packed drama/comedy that become BO sensation

4. NA market break $5bn, will continue to stay as the largest BO markets in the world.

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I mean, it just happened with The Little Mermaid lmao. And it’s going to happen with The Marvels. And it’s going to happen with Snow White. And it’s going to keep happening, until their miserable lives are over.

It's genuinely depressing how 30-40 years ago, movies that sparked controversy were stuff that actually had controversial things to say. JFK, Last Temptation of Christ, Kids. Movies that were actually for adults and actually went into provocative, challenging stuff. How infantile must our culture be if movies made for 8 year olds cause culture wars and political divisions? In 1993, a Barbie movie with the message of "women can be whatever they want to be" would cause like zero political drama. What the hell are we doing here?

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Jurassic World opening weekend was the greatest thing 11-year old had ever experienced. 

I was 11 when Jurassic Park 3 came out and you weren’t even born. What is the world coming to 

Edited by MovieMan89