Eric Deetz

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Just now, Mulder said:

Gen Z is too damn broad. People born in the late 90s had a childhood with very little in common with people born in the mid 2000s.

Every generation is too broad, with their own weird, unique expereinces that set people apart even 2 or 3 years apart. This is why lumping a bunch of people into one group like this has never sat right with me. Especially when people go into some diatribe about how "This generation sux because blah blah blah"

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Go to bed buddy LOL isn't it like 11:30 right now? Did you just get back from the swing set at your local park?

I am on vacations this week. Just got home from a big ass dinner. I tried to add photos but they are too large. I am going to bed now. Getting ready to enjoy my final day before going back home and to the work routine next week.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Is there some other light comedy with social commentary that a studio can release on October 20th to get some memes going for Killers.

if Uni moved Five Nights at Freddys up a week the internet could probably do something with that. Not really a comedy but there's the dichotomy of serious auteur project vs some meme bullshit.

• Like 3

All right we interrupt this Barbenheimer circle jerk for a completely random and unnecessary post about what I did today.

I got a pedicure done ladies and gentlemen. It was 35 bucks and I only had one done once in the past but they're amazing LOL they cut your nails they file your nails they exfoliate the bottom of your feet and then they spend about 10 minutes massaging your legs from the knees down using some green stuff. I have no idea what that green stuff is but oh my god did my feet and my legs feel amazing afterwards.

The whole thing took less than a half an hour and it was money well spent.

If you've never had a pedicure done I highly recommend it.

Okay now back to our explosive Barbenheimer discussion.

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Gen Z is too damn broad. People born in the late 90s had a childhood with very little in common with people born in the mid 2000s.

Every generation has that issue.

Look at Xennials vs Pokemon Fan Millenials.

Or Gen Xers raised in the late 60's vs the early 80's.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It's an issue with every generation. Older Boomers are pretty different from the younger wave of Boomers. Same thing in Gen X, same thing with Millennials. But that's how they've decided to lump everyone together, so we just have to go along with it. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Every generation is too broad, with their own weird, unique expereinces that set people apart even 2 or 3 years apart. This is why lumping a bunch of people into one group like this has never sat right with me. Especially when people go into some diatribe about how "This generation sux because blah blah blah"

Hardly a new phenomenon as well.

socrates.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am on vacations this week. Just got home from a big ass dinner. I tried to add photos but they are too large. I am going to bed now. Getting ready to enjoy my final day before going back home and to the work routine next week.

What’d you have for dinner?

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

if Uni moved Five Nights at Freddys up a week the internet could probably do something with that. Not really a comedy but there's the dichotomy of serious auteur project vs some meme bullshit.

The Killers of Five Nights at Freddys Moon.

34 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Gen Z starts at 1996 or 1997. There's no debate.

There is though. You will find a different answer from virtually every source, esp with the 95-97 range. Whereas Boomers are set in stone at 1946, X at 65, and Millennials at 81. 

26 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

As someone born in 1997 I debate that it started in 1998

23 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

My economics class said 2000.

the only official generation are baby boomers 

23 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I thought it was on the 00s for some reason. What about Alphas then?

11 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

I'm a '97 baby, too. I hate to break it to you, but we're definitely Gen Z. Maybe a bubble in the middle, but we've got a lot of Gen Z in us. 

Related: I have so. many. damn. friends. who haven't been to a movie in YEARS who are going for Barbie (and many for Oppenheimer, too, though that might be because I live in a 70mm city).

I think around '96-97 is defining in that sense that everyone born since have grown up with modern social media throughout their formative teenage years and first cellphones. Modern social media starting around 2010 when Facebook and Twitter got like and share buttons which also triggered a lot of unintended and unhealthy consequences that we now have more and move research results on...but no more of that here to keep the joyfulness of the unique weekend up :) ...plus there are other separating factors from millenials when it comes to parenting ...and the years vary a bit. Go millennials!

10 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

What’d you have for dinner?

I have absolutely no ides what is the name of that in english. I was able to compress in a online site. Here it is. Also marking @baumer it is a fried fish (don't know the name of the fish in english) and rice with fish (different fish from the fried one).

IMG-20230721-WA0003-min.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I know Deadline is Deadline but their projected hold for Indy would be insane. I honestly expected -70%+ implosion this weekend going against both MI and Opp and I thought that would be the one to bleed screens for Barbenheimer. The irony if this is what it took for that movie to finally have legs 

Now it might only lose 190 million! Woohoo!

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie were about to start to shoot the Ocean's prequel (that Is basically a To catch a thief remake). 

If the actors strike ends and they start to shoot in the fall It could still being release next year.

I'm curious of the "Barbie effect" on its box office. 

It won't have any. If Top Gun didn't have any effect on the box office for Mission Impossible, Barbie won't have any effect on the box office for Ocean's.