Eric Lasagna

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

9 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Instead of getting rid of the 70mm ones just upgrade all the bad Xenon imax with Laser

There are a bunch of old 70mm IMAX screens that got downgraded to Xenon or Single Laser, and they are limited to 1.9:1 aspect ratio. All of them need to be upgraded to Dual Laser so they can run the full 1.43:1 IMAX footage. Regal in particular has been very guilty of downgrading these screens. They are pretty much giant LieMAX screens now, which is sad. Those screens deserve much better. 

14 minutes ago, Potiki said:

I mean if you are a sick fuck who enjoys playing with nuclear weapons I guess...

That might just cover a lot of people on here.  Not me of course, but maybe a few others.  😁

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, XXR Union Solidarity said:

Assuming the 47 / 23 holds, we're looking at 153-163 for Barbie and 72-81 for Oppy. Great stuff. If holdovers do well enough we're looking at a top 5 all-time total weekend. 

anyone know what's the biggest all time weekend? 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Despite the fact that 6 out of the 7 movies have opened in the summer movie season and only MI 3 did not do that great until now.  This one is just a victim of a studio really underestimating it's competition. 

Is not them understimating because they are following Maverick and Tom Cruise was being suoer popular and people saying he "saved cinema" blah blah. Plus Mission Impossible 7 is Freaking Gooooooooooood, like freaking one of the best action Movie good. Like could be said MI7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TG:Maverick. 

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Barbie watch: for what is worth, girls started to scream excitedly when Chalamet's face popped up in Wonka trailer. Big Xmas hit incoming?

Don't know if I can handle this opening to 100M. Might just break down crying :')

• Heart 1

I've said it before, but releasing a "see it in IMAX" movie like MI7 in the crowded summer movie season, where no one except Nolan can guarantee more than one or two weeks of IMAX (if that) due to high competition is a dumb idea. There are many other dates this year where MI7 could have had more than a week of IMAX.

Edited by Bob Train
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Barbie watch: for what is worth, girls started to scream excitedly when Chalamet's face popped up in Wonka trailer. Big Xmas hit incoming?

Like I said in the main thread for Wonka, I sincerely think it’ll be the biggest movie of December. A musical during Christmas time is a winning combo.

34 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Wonder why there wasn’t better preparation for all the 70mm IMAX screenings 

Because theaters have to operate they will not close IMAXs to prepare for a single movie that is way lots of movies shot on IMAX 70mm like Nope, Bond 25, WW84, First Man. Had only IMAX digital release, but IMAX Dual Laser makes the same job with arguably better contrast and less problems.

• Like 1

I’m sad I’m not in the US this weekend since it feels like a historic one, but I’m watching Oppenheimer in IMAX in Portugal on Monday and I seriously cannot fucking wait. Also thank god Portuguese theaters do subs and don’t dub, I’d cry if I couldn’t hear Cillian’s voice 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I've said it before, but releasing a "see it in IMAX" movie like MI7 in the crowded summer movie season, where no one except Nolan can guarantee more than one or two weeks of IMAX (if that) due to high competition is a dumb idea. There are many other dates this year where MI7 could have had more than a week of IMAX.

Even Barbie should have an IMAX release, hope the Barbie Success is long so after Nolan time is up, Barbie gets one IMAX day at least. 

13 minutes ago, thunderstorm said:

anyone know what's the biggest all time weekend? 

Probably the one where a movie did $350M all by itself 

Edited by M37
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10