Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

45 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Another sloppy work displayed by exhibitors after the incident of 70mm projector malfunction. And they are still want to win the war against streaming.

Unless Barbie has some spillover effect from Sat, which tend to happen for a mega-opener, there is high chance this weekend fall below $300m after all. It is hard for Oppy to go $85m because that would mean a flat Sunday from Sat. Probably need SOF to roll in even more PiF this weekend.

Nah I doubt it fall under 300m, everything  except MI7/Barbie/Oppy should do at least 48.1m after extrapolating the FRI drop from last week. Barbie floor seem to be 154m. Oppy should do around 79-80. MI7 19-20. It'll be close but it looks like it goes over.

Any of you with your ‘This is where Tom went wrong with MI7’ schtick - a serious LMAO. 

The movie is absolutely fantastic. Literally one of the best summer blockbusters in years. That it’s doing a little less than it should be is for varying reasons, but it sure isn’t because of the movie. 

• Like 15

1 minute ago, WorkingonaName said:

Robert Pattinson Fight GIF by The Batman

Ya, a Batman movie could do it. Issue is they've oversaturated the market with Batman, including in flops like The Flash. A few years break is welcome at this point. Battinson 2 should increase from the first and the new DCU version should also open fairly big, but it depends on casting, especially for Damien and how that dynamic is shown in marketing.

Jesus, MI7 is just crumbling. Paramount needs to be better with release dates, they have had a solid year in terms of quality - MI7 is amazing, D&D was shockingly great, Transformers is actually pretty good, Scream VI is great - but outside of Scream most of their films either suffered weak marketing, bad release timing, or both. I bet they are praying TMNT breaks out.

9 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Not sure if this was posted before, but this is a great post by Greg Silverman:

Robbie is a brave artist and she doesn't play safe. She remembers me of young Nicole Kidman. 

• ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Cruise going to be screaming at the Paramount execs worse than he screamed at the crew who broke Covid protocols on Monday.

With all due respect to the fans of Mission: Impossible, as a massive fan of Indiana Jones that haven’t even watched Dial of Destiny but is dying to:

You all know that this is a bit of a delusional take, right? I came to terms that people don’t care as much for Indy as I do. And that’s fine. That is his last film with Harrison Ford as the lead, I look forward to watch it as soon as I travel one or two weeks from now. Why it’s so hard for some here to understand that while MI7 could perform better with a different date, Cruise is a producer on this, likely heavily involved picking the film’s date and most of all, it’s crystalline at this point that Mission: Impossible has a ceiling. It’s a 20 years old franchise at its seventh part, and never reached anywhere close to the heights of anything close to the Fast and Furious franchises. And it’s fine, be glad that the film exists. Like it was posted a lot during the Indy’s OW weekend:

let-it-go-indiana-jones.gif

And I’m not saying this ironically. Some of my favorite films never became blockbusters and underperformed at the box office too. It’s fine. MI7 is performing very close to what it would perform regardless how much you wish it would perform differently.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

this is getting a lot of likes

i think this can became one of the 2024 surprises

I don’t think that’ll be able to get started this year so maybe 2025 now. That’s a huge amount of likes though. 

19 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

And I’m not saying this ironically. Some of my favorite films never became blockbusters and underperformed at the box office too. It’s fine. MI7 is performing very close to what it would perform regardless how much you wish it would perform differently.

Fallout was a ceiling, but dropping by 200 mln from it could be avoided. It's not a wild wish to expect it to perform at least like Fallout with its reception.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t think that’ll be able to get started this year so maybe 2025 now. That’s a huge amount of likes though. 

actually from sources shooting started in march, for others on June. 

But yeah with the strike now is dfferent. If it ends before of a couple of months  i think for the end of 2024 could come.  

29 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Jesus, MI7 is just crumbling. Paramount needs to be better with release dates, they have had a solid year in terms of quality - MI7 is amazing, D&D was shockingly great, Transformers is actually pretty good, Scream VI is great - but outside of Scream most of their films either suffered weak marketing, bad release timing, or both. I bet they are praying TMNT breaks out.

Locals will inhale copium about how it’s great, but as somebody who gave it a good review….this is the first entry in the McQuarrie era of this franchise that felt routine. Didn’t knock my socks off like Fallout (one of the great 2010s blockbusters) did and discourse has already moved on from this. No “oh can’t wait for the resolution to this story!” It’s a better made Fast X.

Paramount underestimating Nolan and a doll plays a part in the MI legs BUT…it’s not a film screaming for a rewatch soon like Maverick last year did. 

2 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

An ocean’s 11 prequel directed by jay roach? And I thought gerwig’s narnia Netflix project sounded boring.

it's more a To catch a thief remake. A romantic comedy with a little bit of spy. 

Edited by vale9001

5 minutes ago, RRA said:

Locals will inhale copium about how it’s great, but as somebody who gave it a good review….this is the first entry in the McQuarrie era of this franchise that felt routine.

How is it more routine than RN?

4 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

How is it more routine than RN?

You mean the movie that introduced a new fan favorite character in Ferguson that they brought her back several times? I remember she brought a certain fresh energy to the ensemble which helped that film/formula out. Not routine.