The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Just now, TheFlatLannister said:

with an incoming big drop off in china, I don’t see how the Marvels does anything over $600M. The holidays are the only thing that’s going to save it’s face. 

$250M dom / $30M china / $250M OS 

Oppenheimer > The Marvels

Dudes be rocking hard

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Woah....Charlie says 44.5-45M Sunday for Barbie...amazing Sunday hold. Guess this is not as frontloaded as what some other claimed earlier in this thread. Saturday not increasing much from Friday probably mostly had to do with capacity issues

Edited by upriser7
  • Like 2
  • Heart 2
  • Astonished 15

12 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Hooooooly crap, excellent hold from Oppy but truly a gobsmacking hold from Barbie. Also, for those keeping track at home, if these estimates hold water, Oppy will have grossed exactly half of Barbie's dom OW :ohmygod:

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is nuts for sure. That said its not a surprise. It was capacity constrained in big markets and there would be no drop in those markets. I assume smaller markets/canada also had a great day. 

Here in Canada, both Barbie and Oppy are already selling quite briskly throughout the week and into next weekend. There was definitely not enough capacity this weekend which should lead to some good holds this coming week. 

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

But... but you guys told me Barbie was a flop after the Sat number came in!?

I did not. I said TDK did something similar on Saturday and then had an amazing Sunday hold. Barbie did even better. Looks like a 6.5% drop, which is amazing! 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Woah....Charlie says 44.5-45M Sunday for Barbie...amazing Sunday hold. Guess this is not as frontloaded as what some other claimed earlier in this thread. Saturday not increasing much from Friday probably mostly had to do with capacity issues

The actual fuck?!? Ok, capacity must have 100% been the issue with the Sat # after all. Looks like 600m+ is back on the menu… 

• Like 1