Eric Lasagna

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

I think he might have been too young in 2008. I do remember Noctis trolling on other movies later. The name I seem to remember with TDK was Lancer something. 

He was 15 or something back then. I remember him and other kid from Detroit(Evan or something). Lancer was a Dark knight fanboy but was not normally a troll for sure.  

• Like 1

I'm sure it's been said multiple times already but still, quite ironic that Barbie will more than likely end up with a sequel, fitting right in with all the other franchises now. Not a knock against it at all. It's just been perplexing to see people claim it's the beginning of a new era when it fits comfortably in the current one. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yep. Heading into geezer mode soon. My sister turned 40 this month. I turn 38 in November. 

Im joking by the way. Late 30s early 40s is still pretty young.

But I was 8 when Dark Knight came out so I’m a little thrown that you guys have that good of a memory of back then 

A sub-50% drop on a non-holiday Monday is a very challenging task for any film; but I think $20M and $10M on Monday for Barbenheimer are exceptionally realistic as those drops would be a little over 50% for both. The two films have an absurd number of presales for Monday - more than a lot of films have on their opening Fridays. 

It's great to have dual openers racking up massive numbers while also being loved by both critics and audiences. It's a very rare event.

Just now, Killimano3 said:

I first started getting interested in tracking box office stats in like 2011ish and first found this forum when THG opened in 2012

I've been interested in box office numbers ever since I was 10 or 11 years old. Compared everything to The Lion King (which was a movie that I caught in theaters in its 2002 re-release).

I also remember Harry Potter making news when it beat Lost World Jurassic Park's OW.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

were BOM forums a thing in 1997/1998?

Nope. It started in 02. But there was BOR forums that existed before BOM but even that was post that. Guru did exist and there was some kind of boards where SW loonies argued why phantom menace will beat Titanic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nope. It started in 02. But there was BOR forums that existed before BOM but even that was post that. Guru did exist and there was some kind of boards where SW loonies argued why phantom menace will beat Titanic.

I mean, it would have been a valid argument leading up to release. It was much harder to know at that time a SW film could turn out so divisive.