Eric Deetz

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

I really hope OPP can make more than 843M so no super heroes movies in the yearly global top 3*

A dream.

It would be historical also because no action flicks in the top 3.

*If acquaman 2 doesn't came in december 

Edited by vale9001
  • Disbelief 1

26 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

hmm. 12 more pages needed. we can do this.

THE LAST JEDI is best Star Wars film.

this-is-where-the-fun-begins-star-wars.g

2 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

I had the worst day ever at work today and tomorrow is looking to be even worse. So no and no.

star-wars-darth-vader.gif

1 minute ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Okay let's try another angle

Jurassic World Dominion deserved to make $1B

Fuck im out of likes.

But yes, of course. Its a great movie.

• Thanks 1

You know things are serious when you have Oppenheimer-driven opinion articles in newspapers from nuclear missile operators.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jul/24/nuclear-war-oppenheimer-serious

And not to mention the half a dozen articles about the entire Barbenheimer phenom, how cinema is back (even if temporarily), the Barbie collectors and their thoughts on the movie, etc. This is the kind of thing that creates a pop culture snowball rolling into an avalanche. If they both hold well for the weekend, then that will only further feed the hype and at that point I'll be buying into Barbie>Mario.

5 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

You know who else was going to be the lead of a WB film and also named Barbara?

Batgirl_900_61e23194f0ffc9.66299244.jpg

The fact that this was considered unwatchable while The Flash was hyped as one of the greatest CBMs ever... Barbie being a bit hit doesn't mean I've stopped questioning just how incompetent the folks at WB are. 

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I really hope OPP can make more than 843M so no super heroes movies in the yearly global top 3*

A dream.

It would be historical also because no action flicks in the top 3.

*If acquaman 2 doesn't came in december 

Wym? Mario is both an action and super hero movie.

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Okay let's try another angle

Jurassic World Dominion deserved to make $1B

My take is that I honestly couldn't care less. I view the Jurassic World movies as the most innocuous uber-blockbusters out there. They truly leave no cultural mark behind them. Dinosaurs will forever fascinate us, but the JW movies are just...there. They're not mind-blowing like the first JP. There's nothing as head-scratching in them as the JP3 Alan terribleness. I'll take Disney live-action remakes to hate-watch over the JW movies.

7 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

ESB> R1>ANDOR> ROTS>TCW2008> TFA>ROTJ>ANH>BAD BATCH   >VISIONS> MANDO> SOLO>KENOBI>TLJ>BOBF>TPM> AOTC>TROS

That reminds me... Man, fuck anime. I can't stand that shit.

Come at me...add to the page count.

In '99 my gf and I were 20 and leading up to TPM's release she was obsessed with Jar Jar because she thought he was the cutest thing ever. 

I bought her so much Jar Jar shit.  Those Taco Bell cups with the character toppers?  YES!  Whatever I saw that had Jar Jar's face on it, I bought it for her.  Talking toys, plush toys, posters, literally everything I could find anywhere.  Basically, I was the bf of the year because I satisfied her Jar Jar thirst.  

We broke up a few years later and I still look back and laugh wondering how long she kept all that shit and how/when she finally threw it all away.

Edited by Deep Wang
  • Haha 1

I definitely appreciate the prequels more now that the sequels were made. They may have had some bad acting, writing, and loads of other mistakes, but man were they memorable. They had actual highs that are iconic. George Lucas at least TRIED there. Those movies are filled with tons of things that expand upon the lore, the characters, the worlds. The Sequels are just empty retread. It's just Adam Driver alone on an island in a sea of forgettable mediocrity.

My hot take is that prequels are still bad and I don’t care if it’s now cool to like them because of meme culture or the fact that they came out when you were young.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 11
  • Heart 1