upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

5 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

This is the second Biggest MON of July, only behind Spider-Man 2's Independence Day holiday (27.66M).

I'm actually much more impressed that movie from 20 years ago did that on a Monday regardless of whether it was holiday than anything I've read with these current number. Wtf. That's insane especially for 2004. What's that Spidey number with inflation? 40M+?

• Like 4

OPP + Barbie are coming for way more than 2B WW combined. The Oscars are crying cause they will make biggest audience in years with huge movies upon young people and with actors- characters people care, not the giant blue smurfs. 

3 hours ago, wildphantom said:

I’m more amped about what Oppenheimer is doing. If this thing hits $300 million it’ll be incredible considering the sort of film it is. 

It is a bit insane. When its trailer came out I’d have been impressed with a 100m dom total. 

Looking at other movies in that ballpark this year I’m impressed by guardians 3. I hadn’t paid it much attention but it really did becone summer’s closest thing to a sleeper hit. Guess people are still down for MCU films if they aren’t utter shit.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm actually much more impressed that movie from 20 years ago did that on a Monday regardless of whether it was holiday than anything I've read with these current number. Wtf. That's insane especially for 2004. What's that Spidey number with inflation? 40M+?

Spider-Man II inflation $550m,so is 1.475 times the real gross,so is around 40.78m Mon

According to mojo.

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

Spider-Man II inflation $550m,so is 1.475 times the real gross,so is around 40.78m Mon

According to mojo.

Black Panther's 40M+ on President's Day Monday (a holiday but like a true summer weekday than a bonanza holiday) is truly insane too.

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

2b combined is gonna need some very strong legs. Something like 1.25B for Barbie (3.5x) and 750m for Oppy (4.2x). Could make an interesting club. If you're REALLY feeling bullish you could try and call Barbenheimer > Avatar 2 WW (2.32B) but I'd be out on that one.

Barbenheimer > No way home is dobale but no way for Avatar 2 except very Amazing things happened

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

2b combined is gonna need some very strong legs. Something like 1.25B for Barbie (3.5x) and 750m for Oppy (4.2x). Could make an interesting club. If you're REALLY feeling bullish you could try and call Barbenheimer > Avatar 2 WW (2.32B) but I'd be out on that one.

yeah and they're gonna have it. 😇

31 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

OPP + Barbie are coming for way more than 2B WW combined. The Oscars are crying cause they will make biggest audience in years with huge movies upon young people and with actors- characters people care, not the giant blue smurfs. 

It could be close to that 2B WW. They are already over 525M combined, so they would need close to 4x that WW opening. 

34 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Not sure what you are bullshitting. Avatar basically blow up in every continent. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Not sure what you are bullshitting. Avatar basically blow up in every continent. 

Cause i was talking about the oscars. Big movies can dominate in every category, not only technical categories. Directing, actors... Real actors with a face.

Something new from last decade at least for the oscars. 

I don't think i said something so controversial 😅

Edited by vale9001

40 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

It is a bit insane. When its trailer came out I’d have been impressed with a 100m dom total. 

Looking at other talkies in that ballpark this year I’m impressed by guardians 3. I hadn’t paid it much attention but it really did becone summer’s closest thing to a sleeper hit. Guess people are still down for MCU films if they aren’t utter shit.

Now there's a club... Oppenheimer over GOTG3 domestic. Confused Thinking GIF

This maybe a hit or miss summer in term of BO but quality wise, I think this is the best summer in many many years. This summer I have five movies that I rated 7.5 or above and they are ATSV, Elemental, MI7, Oppenheimer and Barbie. Look back other summer I don't think we can find these many quality products in one summer season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sophia Jane said:

According to mojo.

Inflation doesn't work well fir big-budget movies. These days SM2 would make 40%+ from imax and lpf so realistically atp would be even higher.

Honestly, the Sunday number signifies strong legs for Barbie, but not really Monday (no matter how impressive the number is - and it really is). Even DH2 fell 49% on its first Monday.

By Wednesday, we'll have a good idea where it's going to be heading.

In the BOT threads, I've been hearing a lot that white people don't go so much to cinema anymore.

However, the last weekend seems to show that isn't true.

Edited by Kon

3 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I can't see how BARBIE doesn't beat MARIO, summer weekdays are key advantage.

OP will beat INCEPTION and clear 300. Awesomeness.

You forgot how strong Mario weekend were, all in the 30-40% drop. I can see a world where it does beat it domestically but not WW

Oppy very likely going for 300M+ is absolutely astonishing for the type of film it its. Unreal.

Barbie 600M+ is increasingly looking likely too. I even think 640-651M is possible, but that would require outstanding later legs.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Directing, actors... Real actors with a face.

Meh. I'm not an advocate for AI, digital de-aging and all that, but proper mo-cap SHOULD be recognized, and not just as a technical achievement, but actual acting. Andy Serkis did more as Gollum, King Kong and Caesar than most actors in their entire careers, including multiple Oscar winners.

• Like 12